Versa Carry.

This is a discussion on Versa Carry. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just checked out their site, apparently the second gen versions will have a removable trigger guard. I might order one, just to check it out, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Versa Carry.

Just checked out their site, apparently the second gen versions will have a removable trigger guard. I might order one, just to check it out, it's not like it's expensive. 25 dollars including shipping.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

2. Remove Ads

Just ordered mine with the new trigger guard for my LCP. Will let you know when it arrives.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Just ordered mine with the new trigger guard for my LCP. Will let you know when it arrives.
    Me too...the Gen II... for my CZ-82! I'm a poet and didn't, my feet show it, they are Longfellows
    Should be an interesting option...a go to the mail box, corner store, walk the dog holster (clip).

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    No thanks, this is right up there with OXY CLEAN and the RONCO Slicer and Dicer.
    Hey, hey, hey. Don't dis my Oxy Clean. It does a great job. I have to agree with the Ronco Slicer and Dicer though.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    An update: I received my VC, and have carried my LCP with it several times now. It is probably not as secure as a traditional IWB, but with the new trigger guard, a sturdy belt and the long trigger pull of the LCP, I feel secure carrying it. I've even carried it for short periods of time without an undershirt, and while I wouldn't do it all day, it was fine for short trips.

Won't be ordering one for my Glock, however.

Saw this in my thigh holster search and made me nervous just looking at it. There are trigger guards, but they only cover one side. Another thought I had was... what does that do to the inside of your barrel?? If that's all that's holding it in place, there has to be wear and tear if you use it frequently.

I can't add nothing usefull so I just stop by on my way to another thread

just an FYI I heard he was suppost to come out with an improved model; it comes with 920blog_neuticles.jpg just incase you blow one off

With or without a frame safety, regardless of the type of trigger, I would not choose to carry a pistol on my person in a holster that does not cover the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by lyzgrace View Post
    Saw this in my thigh holster search and made me nervous just looking at it. There are trigger guards, but they only cover one side. Another thought I had was... what does that do to the inside of your barrel?? If that's all that's holding it in place, there has to be wear and tear if you use it frequently.
    The other side of the trigger is covered by my body. I wear my belt tight enough that it's not easy for anything to get in there, so I'm not really worried about that. As far as wear and tear, the plastic that is inserted loosely into the barrel can be no worse than the lead or copper that is forced out of it at extremely high pressure when I pull the trigger. After experiencing how difficult it was to tap a squib-fired slug out of my barrel with a hammer and hardwood dowel, I'm not worried about a little piece of plastic.

I have two of these VersaCarry units, an extra-small for my Beretta PX4 Subcompact and a medium for my Kahr CW9 (both in 9mm). This has become my favorite method of carry, mainly because of the reduction in bulk, particularly width. This makes for greater comfort and greater concealability, especially with my PX4 which is a chunky gun to begin with. The difference in bulk between the VersaCarry and any other holster I've ever used is so dramatic that I can actually conceal the PX4 well enough in light clothing to use it for summer carry (which up to now has been the CW9's job).

Other advantages include the fact that you can, in principle, use the same unit for all pistols in the same caliber, with or without under-barrel accessories. The only reason I got a separate unit for my CW9 is that it's longer than the PX4 and so it rides higher when on the XS unit. It worked fine - perfectly secure, etc. - but I wanted it to ride lower, so I got a longer model.

I saw someone mention the issue of cant earlier in this thread. I've put my S&W Bodyguard .380 on each of my VersaCarry units (9mm works for .380 since they're the same diameter), and found that the medium-length unit (the one for my Kahr) put the grip in contact with the top of my belt in a way that gives the pistol a nice forward cant, which is what I prefer when I carry strong-side IWB. This made me wonder whether I'd get a similar cant if I were to put the PX4 or the Kahr on an even longer unit. I'll experiment by putting the PX4 on the medium when I get it back from my gunsmith in a couple weeks. If that works, I'll probably use the medium for the PX4 and get a longer unit for the Kahr.

As to safety: I use the trigger guard with the Kahr, but not with the Beretta since it has an external safety (the Kahr does not). With both guns, I feel perfectly safe carrying with a round in the chamber. Even with the Kahr, the trigger is sandwiched between my hip and the trigger guard, and nothing's getting past that trigger guard. So unless my hip develops a finger-like growth that the trigger could snag on, there's very little danger of an accidental discharge.

As to worries about barrel wear, the company claims that the retention rod is made of a self-lubricating polymer that minimizes wear on the barrel. I can vouch for it's being super-smooth; after 3 months of use with my PX4, there's no trace of wear on the barrel or on the rod, which suggests that there's very little friction between them (it's at the gunsmith for a trigger job, not barrel work).

As you can tell, my experience with the VersaCarry has been entirely positive so far. I haven't tried every holster under the sun, but I've tried a fair number of popular CCW options, and right now I can't imagine going back to a conventional holster.

I love the idea and would get one in a heart beat to try but I'm not shoving a loaded gun in my pants without having the trigger covered.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Gen 2 has a trigger guard.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I can't add nothing usefull so I just stop by on my way to another thread

just an FYI I heard he was suppost to come out with an improved model; it comes with 920blog_neuticles.jpg just incase you blow one off
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links