A Pair of Def Con's

A Pair of Def Con's

This is a discussion on A Pair of Def Con's within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here are two of my new holster's from Gary Brommeland. Very comfortable and conceal very easily. I may never go back to IWB....

Thread: A Pair of Def Con's

A Pair of Def Con's

Here are two of my new holster's from Gary Brommeland. Very comfortable and conceal very easily. I may never go back to IWB.
    Attached Images

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Very very nice.....he is a master holster maker for a reason! They should last you for years....
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Very nice

Here are the Def Con's from the rear..
    Attached Images

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    glad ya like them , allways good to see someone happy with a good holster .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Dude, that is Christmas day right there. I am a big fan of Gary's work. I am a Max-Con V guy but I am wanting a couple Def-Con's as well.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

More great work from Gary. I love my Max Con V more evry time I go out to eat at dont even realize I have my gun on me sitting at the table. The other night we went out to eat and then went to watch a movie and after several hours of sitting between the truck, resteraunt and movie theatre the Max Con was barely even noticable.

Hey, question for you...I'm using a Kramer pancake, which I really like, but it shifts around on me. I'm pretty thin in the waist, and it tends to migrate towards my back.

I was looking at the Def-Con because of the rear belt slot...does its positioning (canted towards the gun rather than away) help keep it locked in place as claimed?

I'd have to go through a bit of paper to get one approved for work, but I don't think it'd be such a big deal. If it really does stay in place, it'd be worth it.

Very nice leather, in any case...glad you're happy with them.

MD

I don't have a Def-Con "YET" that is, I just put an order for two in with Gary tonight after seeing these posted. I have two Max -Con V's (IWB) and love them, but I do have a mag pouch from Gary that has the same type loop's or whatever the Def-Con uses. Let me tell you that the mag pouch stays in place, infact feeding the belt through is a challange being that the mag pouch is on my weak side and has a lot of belt left to go through.

If you are worried about a Def-Con working backwards, don't! because it wont and will stay right where you put it all day and night if you choose.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Gary makes some of the best stuff you can get.....very nice.

One thing I can tell you is most "off the shelf" pancakes have 1 3/4" belt slots to accomidate any old belt you happen to have on. This is the reason most move around alot....most people try and counter this by sinching up there belt until they have kidney failure and lower back problems.....good luck!

A Custom made one...such as alot of ours, have slots that fit the belt specified by YOU...therefore youll get almost ZERO movement out of them once they are in place.

Shoot well........

Gary.......Nice work......nice nice work.
    God bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Mine's custom with 1 1/4" slots, actually, and it still moves around on a Milt Sparks belt.

But it's encouraging to hear some testimonial about the def-con. I'm just very hesitant to buy more expensive leather sight-unseen. I'm 100% sure any of the good custom holsters will be high quality; it's just fit issues with my body that I'd like to test out, you know?

Thanks again, and don't mean to derail this thread further...

MD

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX
    Hey, question for you...I'm using a Kramer pancake, which I really like, but it shifts around on me. I'm pretty thin in the waist, and it tends to migrate towards my back.

I was looking at the Def-Con because of the rear belt slot...does its positioning (canted towards the gun rather than away) help keep it locked in place as claimed?

I'd have to go through a bit of paper to get one approved for work, but I don't think it'd be such a big deal. If it really does stay in place, it'd be worth it.

Very nice leather, in any case...glad you're happy with them.

MD
    The Def Con's don't move at all. Very good fit on the belt. I'm using a Wilderness 5 Stitch. Great setup for the Def Con's or My Max Con V's.

I have a Watch Six for my P-12. It is a very good holster, but I still prefer Gary's work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX
    Mine's custom with 1 1/4" slots, actually, and it still moves around on a Milt Sparks belt.

But it's encouraging to hear some testimonial about the def-con. I'm just very hesitant to buy more expensive leather sight-unseen. I'm 100% sure any of the good custom holsters will be high quality; it's just fit issues with my body that I'd like to test out, you know?

Thanks again, and don't mean to derail this thread further...

MD
    Just for a point of reference. I'm 5'7" and 140 pounds. I can carry and conceal a full size 1911 without any problems. I can cover the 1911 with a golf type shirt using either the Def Con or the Max Con V. With the Def Con I have to be a little more careful in how I raise my right arm. When I carry the G-27 I can raise all I want and not flash...

Just to let people know that I'm not getting a commission from Brommeland. I do have other holster's other than his. As a matter of fact I have one coming (today ?) from Kevin at K&D. I'm sure that his holster's deserve a lot of praise also. I'll post a picture of that when it shows up. I'll also post one of the Watch Six!!!

Great looking pair o' Def Cons! I just acquired an almost new Def Con for a 5" 1911. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit mine, which has a light rail. Dang. I guess I'll just have to buy another gun to go with the holster. I just hate it when that happens . . .

Gary really makes some of the best leather gear anywhere. On some magical day in the future, my Max Con V will arrive, and I'll be sooo happy!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Links