IWB Holster Poll

This is a discussion on IWB Holster Poll within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to get a new IWB holster and have narrowed it down to three options: 1) Crossbreed SuperTuck 2) Minotaur MTAC Holster 3) ...

View Poll Results: Which IWB Holster

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crossbreed SuperTuck

45 31.25%
  • Minotaur MTAC Holster

30 20.83%
  • Glaco KingTuk

5 3.47%
  • Other

64 44.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: IWB Holster Poll

IWB Holster Poll

I am looking to get a new IWB holster and have narrowed it down to three options:

1) Crossbreed SuperTuck
    2) Minotaur MTAC Holster
    3) Glaco King Tuck

From reading through the posts it seems like the above order will be proven by the results of the poll.

I will be using it with a M&P 9c.

2. Remove Ads

My vote was for the MTAC, which I chose myself over the CBST for my HK P2000. Not to disparage against the CBST as I think it's a great holster, but I was drawn to the fit/finish of the MTAC, as well as the ability to easily swap the kydex bodies for different pistols, which added an extra layer of value to the equation. Just seemed like slightly more holster for the money to me, but I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. Don't have much knowledge about the King Tuck.

As another option, I'd suggest considering a Remora. Highly concealable and comfortable, and can be had for less than $30. And the customer service you receive from Alan is second to none. Typically I use the Remora for the "extremes" of my wardrobe (i.e. when I'm wearing a suit, or basketball/running shorts and a tee), and the MTAC for everything in between (cargo shorts/jeans/khakis/etc). IMO the two make a great tandem and will cover your needs for just about any IWB scenario.

I too like the remora, it will fit any gun of the same aproximate size, it is comfortable, can be put wherever you want it at whatever angle you want and it will stay there, and it's cheap.

John

I wear a Kenny Campbell"Bama Special" horsehide holster,it is iwb-owb.I tried the C B Super tuck,Galco,RCS,and i always go back to my Kenny Campbell.

I am guessing you will get many "other"
    Mine is C-Tac
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Of the three options...

I have three Minotaur M-Tacs...

Sig P6, Sig P229 and S&W M&P 40c

Very comfortable, easy to break in & easy to tuck.

I also have a Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 for the M&P. It is a great holster! The drawbacks: takes a long time to get, a little more expensive, harder to put on & take off, not adjustable on height or cant (not like I needed to adjust it anyway) and not as easy to tuck with the kydex clips.

-----------------------------

One thing I like about the M-Tac is the fact that you can change out the shells to accommodate different weapons. I sold my PPS and ended up getting a shell for the new M&P that cost me less than half the over all cost of the holster.

I also like the fact that M-TAC offers a "slide" version of shells. The slide allows the use of one shell for variants on a weapon. You can use the same shell for a full size M&P that you can use on the compact. This works with the Glock Full, mid & compacts. If you have several different sizes of the same basic weapon, one holster fits all.

I like the fact that the M-TAC comes pre-combat-cut and that the leather backing is designed with a smooth layer that resides against your body so you do not HAVE to wear a shirt and it will not rub you raw.

If you are not Christian, you may not want to have Christian religious symbols on you. The Crossbreed has a large one formed into the leather as well as one on each of the two clips.

I like the mounting system for the M-Tac. I have actually bought spare clips & spare hardware to use with my Bullard Holsters as well. The multiple length bolts and rubber post spacers work well for me.

The one thing I do not like about the M-Tac is the fact that the mounting bolts require an allen wrench (they provide with every order) rather than a standard slotted or phillips.
    snakyjake likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by rs4109 View Post
    I am looking to get a new IWB holster and have narrowed it down to three options:

1) Crossbreed SuperTuck

I will be using it with a M&P 9c.
    I use this exact same setup. When you find the right adjustment that fits you (ride height, cant, position), and have a GOOD belt, you literally can forget it's even there.

with a remora you just slip it into place and you are good to go, price wise, comfort wise and multi gun wise it is hard to beat the remora holster

I use a Crossbreed, & Tommy Theis IWB, both are comfortable both are great to work with I suggest you check'em both out. I carry in one or the other everyday, & I do forget they are there.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

FIST #20 Adjustable IWB allows you to adjust the carry position to suit you:
    fist1.jpg fist2.jpg
    FIST, INC.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Either the Minotaur or a Stakeout holster from Ritchie Gunleather.

Jim

Check this site out before you buy. Same as the CBST but less expensive. And Tommy has the best Customer Service in the world.

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

Do yourself a favor and check his stuff out before you decide. His turn around time from order to you getting it is about 5 to 7 days.
    snakyjake likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

TT Gunleather IWB is my most comfortable holster.....if you can't wait, they can have their Stronghold Phoenix to you within a couple weeks max! Just something to think about......these are great Holsters!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Cool

I have never used any of the three you mentioned so I cannot comment on them.

I chose "other" because I use High Noon Public Secret holsters for my Glock 19,23 and 36 and am very pleased with them.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...et_w_clip.html

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge.......
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

sgb
    I prefer leather myself and I currently use a Milt Sparks VM II when I want to go IWB.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links