Raven holster

This is a discussion on Raven holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well here is my rant about the raven holster! I ordered back in April and received it last week and took over 20 weeks, they'r ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Raven holster

Raven holster

Well here is my rant about the raven holster! I ordered back in April and received it last week and took over 20 weeks, they'r projected wait is 16-18 weeks so they were late. But that's fine I can understand that, that's not a problem. So I get my holster and over look it. Great work looks perfect. Place the weapon in it,slides right in and "click" then I proceed to turn it over and give a a little shake and when I say a "little" I mean a little and right out the gun comes!! Took little to no effort for the gun to fall out!! ***?!?!?! Not what I've seen with others!! I know I'll never be turned over and shook in a fight but if I ever am I wanna know my gun ain't fallin out ya know!! And comfort is fairly well it digs in my side when sitting but you'll have that. So what do I think about em? I don't know that it was worth the BIG wait, yea it's a good holster but seriously 20 weeks and you can't even make it have good retention?!?!?! Ok I'm done bi!ching
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    SA micro compact 1911-crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Call them - see what they will do.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I emailed them the other day and FINALLY 2 days later today I get a response of this " that test of the holster doesn't exert any real world forces on the pistol. Why people continue to use this as a "test" we don't know. The role of a holster is to hold the pistol securely on your belt thoughtout rigorous activity." well I'd say if your holster won't hold the pistol upside down then its not holding it securely to yor belt you think??? It might just be me but I think if it will come out upside down that easy then it would come out easy if your running or doin other things alike? They said they'd be glad to have it back for adjusting?!?! Yea that's what I want to do is give you my holster back for another month that took you 20 friggin weeks to build!!!! I Shouldn't have to send it back!!! If you can't get it right in 20 weeks then why should I do without longer for you to fix your screw up?!?! Am I right or am I getting ill over nothing??
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

When I got my raven holster for my G17 with surefire x300, the retention was too much for my liking. I emailed them and got instructions on what to do to help with break in. I tried out the suggestions and opted to mail it back to them for adjustment. Raven refunded me for my shipping expenses incurred and I think my holster was back to me within a weeks time.

I am quite pleased with my holster and would order another one.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    When I got my raven holster for my G17 with surefire x300, the retention was too much for my liking. I emailed them and got instructions on what to do to help with break in. I tried out the suggestions and opted to mail it back to them for adjustment. Raven refunded me for my shipping expenses incurred and I think my holster was back to me within a weeks time.

I am quite pleased with my holster and would order another one.
    I understand it being "tight" aren't all holsters tight and need to be "broken in"? But not tight enough to hold the weapon? Just seems like they are slacking to move holsters out faster to me! Yea I could send it back but seriously 20 weeks and I still gotta send it back?!?! Just doesn't seem right to me! It's not my screw up so why should I have to do without?? He/she said "it's suppose tomhold the firearm securely tomyour belt" well in certain situations it wouldn't so therefore the holster isn't doing it's job!
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

While I agree that 20 weeks is a long time to wait (I'm only 4 into my wait) I still think you've got to understand that its a man made item. Thus everyone will have different expectations and preferences. I think if YOU want it to fit tighter than they shipped it and they have offered to make it right you should take them up on the offer or live with it and stop complaining. They could have said pound sand, at least they are trying to make it right by you. Just my .02

VIP Member
    If the holster doesn't work for you as is, you aren't using it,right? So, what difference does it make if you send it back for fine tuning?

Granted, you had a long wait, we all feel your pain. Nobody likes those long waits. But, do you want a usable holster, or do you just want to complain about it?

Raven has some excellent CS. They will make it as tight as you like. You just have to give them the opportunity.

Good luck with it. Let us know how it turns out.
    OD* likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Pull out your hair dryer or heat gun and adjust it yourself. Kydex is very easy to work with.

You have a hand made custom holster. Not every holster they make will be exactly like the last. Even if it was some people like more retention than others. What you think is just right might be way too tight for someone else.

As you order more holsters and custom items you will learn the projected wait time is just a guide.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My holster does the same thing..but when I put my belt thru the loops of the holster and secure my belt I have perfect retention. The belt bends the holster a bit causing a snug fit. I hope this helps.

No I don't want to complain I want somthin I wait 20 weeks for and spend $90 on to be right the first time!! Bein "tight" is understandable like I said before aren't all custom holsters tight and need be broke in!! But to loose?!?! I think any of you would have somthin to say about it to if it was you!! So I'll remind you of that next time you come here and "complain" or post your oppinion about somthin youve bought ok!! Bunch of old grumpy men!!
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

You're the one that asked us if you where right or getting ill over nothing, if you don't want to hear our opinion don't ask for it.
    Bombsaway and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JGglock View Post
    No I don't want to complain I want somthin I wait 20 weeks for and spend $90 on to be right the first time!! Bein "tight" is understandable like I said before aren't all custom holsters tight and need be broke in!! But to loose?!?! I think any of you would have somthin to say about it to if it was you!! So I'll remind you of that next time you come here and "complain" or post your oppinion about somthin youve bought ok!! Bunch of old grumpy men!!
    Sounds to me like you had your expectations a little high. If you had wanted something specific, you should've communicated that when you placed the order to avoid any confusion.

Sorry, but I don't see this as the manufacturer's fault.

VIP Member
    JGglock,

My apologies if you were offended. As you may know there are many people that have not learned that life is not fair and product warranties are there for a reason - nothing touched by man is perfect. Those folks just want to complain and have the world comiserate with them. They are seldom interested in actually solving their problem. As you are likely aware, we, here, are all about solving the problem.

The solution to almost any problem can be summed up as three choices.

1. Deal with the situation/problem as is.
    2. Walk away from situation (or chuck the problem product).
    3. Change the situation/problem, ie fix it.

It is a very simple decision making process and it has served me well for many years, through many problems.

No one is saying you have to buy from Raven again or even let them warranty their product. Personally, I just assumed that you came here for advice on how best to proceed.

I still wish you the best of luck with your holster issue.

Respectfully yours,

RoadRunner71
    aka just one of the Bunch of Gumpy Old Men
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I ordered my Raven in April. On Aug 18, I got an email saying it was going into production and should be ready to ship in a few more weeks.

I knew all that when I ordered it as this is my second Raven Holster system. So I was happy with the first one enough to order a second one.

Yours can be fixed. It seems you would just rather complain. That's fine, but don't think you'll get a lot of sympathy from those who know better regarding kydex, it's physical properties, and how long it takes custom manufacturers to produce items in high demand.

You can bad mouth Raven all you want and maybe a couple people will heed your warnings. Others understand the nature of the business and the nature of kydex products in general. Raven holsters are in very high demand and they are over worked. You deal with it, or you buy elsewhere.
    Guest1, OD* and sparkykb like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Warm it up around the trigger guard with a hair dryer and work the holster in, till you get the desired retention,and keep all your moaning to yourself,JUST SAYING.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links