Glock MIC Holsters

This is a discussion on Glock MIC Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a few searches to see if there were any threads on this topic yet and could not find any. So, excuse me if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock MIC Holsters

Glock MIC Holsters

I did a few searches to see if there were any threads on this topic yet and could not find any. So, excuse me if this has already been discussed, but what is the consensus on the MIC holsters, which work on all of the Glock line of pistols? I have been looking into getting a glock 19 for IDPA, but never really considered carrying it until I saw these holsters. I am mostly interested in pocket carry which is my preferred method, but this looks like it could be very convenient and easy. Although, I am not sure how well the gun would stay in place if you were to just "Mexican carry." Not to mention that is mode of carry makes you look like a BG.

I just found this to be interesting and will probably look into this and the Remora holster that I have been reading a lot about on here as some options for carrying once I save up enough to nab the 19.

Here is a link to the video I found about the MIC Holster and the site where they are sold.

Glock MIC Universal IWB Holster - YouTube

BuddhaWest - The Original MIC Holster for the Glock Safe Action Pistol
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

2. Remove Ads

Great review! I don't own a Glock, and have never carried IWB, but this would work if you wanted to do so.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Reholster one handed with that?

Is there enough there to qualify as a holster?

Just seems like a way to mexican carry a bit safer. I'd still rather have an actual holster, its not for me.
    Justified likes this.

VIP Member
    The biggest issue I saw with it is that it requires you to make a rather significant movement away from your body to remove the "holster". This is fine in the demo, but if you are fighting with someone and need to make a contact shot, you may not have the room to do this and the tactical risk of moving the gun that far toward the perp is rather high.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I'll take a McNothankyou on this as well. A good holster not only protects the trigger, it controls the firearm. There's no way I would want to walk around with a firearm flopping around loose in my pocket or in my waist band.

I have on eand it is great for very situational use but would not want it for EDC. Search my screen name and I posted a thread review about mine.

ETA:

New alternative method of carry....surprisingly comfy.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

jwhite, thanks for the link I figured this must have been brought up on here before, but I could not find anything with a search. How often do you use yours?
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I have a similar (Zac) rig from Dale Fricke that I reviewed on this site, you can probably find it with the search feature. For certain situations I'll carry my XD Service with it AIWB. It doesn't replace a standard holster, but for limited use it works as designed. Where this type of device really comes into play is when carrying in a bag, glove box, pack, bed side night stand, etc. while a round is chambered in a striker fired weapon.

Really ?? .....................................Mexican carry on a string...sorry no

Not enough holster there to control the gun's position. None for me, thanks.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by RugerMike View Post
    jwhite, thanks for the link I figured this must have been brought up on here before, but I could not find anything with a search. How often do you use yours?
    I use it in anumber of ways...first off I am way too fat to carry it appendix. I carry at the 3:00 with it It works fine for me the onwer of the company sold mine to me at a show, he said it would work but it does for me. My wife has one also she uses it a lot for a purse holster wraps the string around the strap and makes it very easy for her to draw in a quick SD draw. I would definitely not use it everyday, YMMV. I use it to run errands etc when I dont feel like strapping on my HBE Com III or other IWB or OWB holster. Its made well and several other companies like Fricke who has it for more gun types than MIC. I like that he makes them in various thicknesses of kydex for varied retention.

To answer your question I probably wear mine about 10% of the time. I could see how some minimalist people could do every day just not my personal preference. I work in an LE setting and am used to more substantial rigs.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I thought I liked the idea, I tried sticking my Glock 20 in my belt as the guy was suggesting-----the glock 20 is too big for comfort carried that way.

I have a 19 with a MIC and a Remora. I wouldn't think either of these would be that useful for competition, but they work pretty well for concealed carry. I use the MIC in my small of my back. It just works for me and is quite secure. And the Remora, well, it fits well anywhere and does not move. If you decide to try a Remora, consider the ART model. I like the extra cutout near the trigger.

There are two other holsters using this concept: the Zack and the Vanguard. This is good to know because each is available for a somewhat different set of guns. I have one for my Kahr CW9 and another for my Springfield XD45.

These are outstanding trigger covers. They snap on and off with a firm click, and will not be dislodged by accident.

As holsters, once you loop the string around your belt, snap your gun into the holster, and jam it into your belt, the slack on the string is taken up and thereafter the string helps stabilize the gun and keep it from moving around or falling into your pants as with unassisted Mexican carry.

When drawing, you do have to pull it up high to take up the slack on the string and yank on it to get the holster to snap off.

And yes, it takes two hands to snap it back on when you want to reholster.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links