My Tommy Theis Holster for my S&W 4003

This is a discussion on My Tommy Theis Holster for my S&W 4003 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered it Last Friday night and it arrived Thursday afternoon. You can't beat that especially for a relatively uncommon carry gun like a 4003. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My Tommy Theis Holster for my S&W 4003

I ordered it Last Friday night and it arrived Thursday afternoon. You can't beat that especially for a relatively uncommon carry gun like a 4003. Tried it on before work and couldn't believe how well it concealed under a polo that wasn't even a size larger. also it was very comfortable walking around and sitting, that was with an old, half worn out walmart belt. Should be even better with a good belt.

Couldn't ask for better service or a better product for the money.
    nerdyvirgin and TN_Mike like this.

Grats on the purchase!

I ordered mine at the beginning of the week, looking forward to getting it. It's because of the rave reviews and great customer service that I went with his holster over the other brands of similar design.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

That's a nice-looking rig. I bet it rides really well.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Very nice. I like the extra forward cant. It should conceal very well.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GM
    Looks very nice .Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I'm a stickler for quality work. While this holster will probably perform as well as the others of similar design, I can't get past the fact that the cuts are jagged, the edges don't appear to be burnished, the rear belt clip seems to be unevenly cut, the brass rivets are kind of ugly. Like I said though. It will probably work just as well as the other hybrids, but I like owning something that was made by a craftsman and not just thrown together.

They actually aren't brass colored, that's just the lighting in the pic, they are silver. I am very happy with it. Rides nice, don't have to do any trimming, retention is where I want it at. I want function which it definitely has, along with a great warranty in case I am ever unhappy with it.

I don't think anyone chooses a hybrid holster for beauty, its function over form.

If I was going for a show holster I would get an all leather "pretty" one.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Very nice. I like the extra forward cant. It should conceal very well.
    It does conceal way better than I thought it would as you see it out of the box. I may go 1 hole more with the cant to try try it but it works good as it is.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    I'm a stickler for quality work. While this holster will probably perform as well as the others of similar design, I can't get past the fact that the cuts are jagged, the edges don't appear to be burnished, the rear belt clip seems to be unevenly cut, the brass rivets are kind of ugly. Like I said though. It will probably work just as well as the other hybrids, but I like owning something that was made by a craftsman and not just thrown together.
    The holster definitely looks functional, and I have always found hybrids to be very comfortable. To say it was thrown together is a bit unfair to Mr. Theis. I make all my own holsters, and I know the kind of work that goes into making them. You don't just throw them together. Keep in mind that this holster costs $55. If you are used to spending $145-$200 for a leather holster, and being put on a waiting list just to order one, that is your prerogative. There is certainly something positive to be said about a comfortable holster that has a turnaround time of a week or two, at a price that is reasonable.
    I am not related in any way to Mr. Theis, nor do I own one his holsters. I just think that sometime it's best not say anything negative if you can't be positive.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Love mine! Theis holsters for me from now on.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    The holster definitely looks functional, and I have always found hybrids to be very comfortable. To say it was thrown together is a bit unfair to Mr. Theis. I make all my own holsters, and I know the kind of work that goes into making them. You don't just throw them together. Keep in mind that this holster costs $55. If you are used to spending $145-$200 for a leather holster, and being put on a waiting list just to order one, that is your prerogative. There is certainly something positive to be said about a comfortable holster that has a turnaround time of a week or two, at a price that is reasonable.
    I am not related in any way to Mr. Theis, nor do I own one his holsters. I just think that sometime it's best not say anything negative if you can't be positive.
    Why so defensive? I never once questioned the functionality of the holster. In fact I actually stated twice that I thought it would work just as well as any other of the hybrids. I was simply pointing out that the attention to detail was not as high as I like to have on a product that I buy. I'm sure he will get years of practical functional enjoyable use of out it.

Now on to your comment about hybrids/prices etc... I own 3 hybrids, a Galco KingTuk, a CBST and a Shielded holsters Double Phalanx (does not have burnished edges ). None of which cost more than $75. If turn around time is what you are after, you can get the KingTuk at most local places that carry holsters, or order them from Midway and have them in 3 days.

I'm not trying to put anyone down, I was simply stating that I prefer to own products that show attention to detail. This is a public internet forum, you WILL get people's opinion, good/bad/neutral.

Anyway congrats on the new holster, you will find that Hybrids are an awesome option for CC.

To my way of thinking, Tommy Theis does a great job with his holsters, and his CS is second to none. For an IWB, the lack of burnished edges, etc. is not a big deal to me as no one will see it but me. Porp likes a bit more finish in the products he buys, and that's what works for him. For Freedomofchoice (and me) it's function first and that works for him (us).

The point that Freedom was making (I think) is that the comment about being "thrown together" could be perceived as a negative or derogatory comment.

I also own a Theis holster and I think that it's the best of all the holsters I own. Not the prettiest, but the most functional.

Just my $.02
    TN_Mike and vista461 like this.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Looks a lot like my Crossbreeds (that I love)!

My bet is your going to be one happy camper!

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    T

The point that Freedom was making (I think) is that the comment about being "thrown together" could be perceived as a negative or derogatory comment.

I also own a Theis holster and I think that it's the best of all the holsters I own. Not the prettiest, but the most functional.

Just my $.02
    You got that correct sir! That is exactly what my objection was.

To Mr. Porp:
    "Why so defensive?" The OP is very proud of his new acquisition, and after reading your negative comments I think it is not only insulting to the holster maker, but also insulting to the new owner on his choice of a holster. I don't know if there is a significant lady in your life, but next time a female who is close to you buys a new dress, try telling her that it is wearable, but, the buttons are kind of ugly, the seems look a little jagged, and the material looks unevenly cut; then see what kind of night you will have!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I own a couple of Tommy's holsters. One for my G23 and one for my CW9. Both took no longer than 5 days to get to me from the time I ordered them. They work great, are very comfortable and can be work all day with no problems. They come with a lifetime warranty.

When I got my holster for the CW9 I also bought a new belt around the same time. This belt was significantly thicker than the one I had been wearing for a few years. As a result, the kydex clips that were on the holster no longer fit around the belt. I sent Tommy an email asking if he had heard of this problem before and if he could either sell me larger clips or point me in the direction of where I could get larger clips. The email I got back told me he was aware of this problem and that I would have a set of larger clips in the mail in a day or two free of charge. True to his word, two days later, I got an envelope from Tommy. Inside was a replacement set of kydex clips for the CW9 holster, another set of kydex clips for the G23 holster and 2 sets of larger metal clips for the holsters as well! No charge at all. Now THAT is customer service.

I will be buying a holster for my XD and one for my wife's XD sub compact soon and for any future carry gun I buy, it will get its own Theis holster as well.
    ConcealedG30 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links