Gun bugs me......

This is a discussion on Gun bugs me...... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I can't fine a good place to conceal my gun it bugs my hip and I'm not sure why. I think it might be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun bugs me......

Gun bugs me......

Well I can't fine a good place to conceal my gun it bugs my hip and I'm not sure why.
    I think it might be my holster.

2. Remove Ads

OK..what kind of gun? What kind of holster? What kind of belt?

How are you carrying? At 3:00, 3:30, 4:00??

Re: Holster--what kind of cant does it have? (i.e. is it straight up and down? Angled? Folks usually carry with an "FBI cant"...some get custom holsters made with a larger cant to accommodate a longer barrel.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    OK..what kind of gun? What kind of holster? What kind of belt?

How are you carrying? At 3:00, 3:30, 4:00??

Re: Holster--what kind of cant does it have? (i.e. is it straight up and down? Angled? Folks usually carry with an "FBI cant"...some get custom holsters made with a larger cant to accommodate a longer barrel.
    Gun is BG 380 auto, Walmart belt, holster is a black hawk. I have try carrying in both side in the front. I have tried straight up and down, angled. I'm now trying at 6:00 in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't recommend carrying at your spine....try 4:00 or 5:00...

What exactly is your complaint? It rubs your hip? Is it IWB or OWB?

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

A good belt makes a 100% difference on comfort of carry, walmart belts just don't cut it. (If you're on a budget search for Tractor Supply Co belts on here) I carry a heavier and slightly larger G27 IWB at about 3:30.

Which Blackhawk holster?

Glock Certified Armorer

I was going to get to the belt But I'm still trying to understand the problem...

Buy a Nemesis, or Mika and throw it in your pocket.

If you buy your carry rig at a box store, chances are it's gonna bug you.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Don't recommend carrying at your spine....try 4:00 or 5:00...

What exactly is your complaint? It rubs your hip? Is it IWB or OWB?
    Well it not really by my spin it right past my hip bone. Almost right over my butt cheek lol. (IWB)

My .380s usually ride in the pocket, that's why I carry it, for the convenience. If I'm gonna carry OWB, or IWB I usually go .38 or .40.

IMO, IWB takes some getting used to... With the right choice in firearms and carry rigs it's not that big of a problem, but even then I'm sure it's different for everyone. I bet most of us have a drawer, or bag full of holsters we've acquired over the years for that (perfect) carry combo.

I bet that S&W BG would be a pleasure to carry as a dedicated pocket pistol.

Good luck...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I was going to get to the belt But I'm still trying to understand the problem...
    Ok the problem is when I have it in the front it's like the barrel is rubbing the inter hip bone and I have to move it around and I don't like to do that if I'm out in public. I always have to look around and make sure no one is looking to move it around.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    My .380s usually ride in the pocket, that's why I carry it, for the convenience. If I'm gonna carry OWB, or IWB I usually go .38 or .40.

IMO, IWB takes some getting used to... With the right choice in firearms and carry rigs it's not that big of a problem, but even then I'm sure it's different for everyone. I bet most of us have a drawer, or bag full of holsters we've acquired over the years for that (perfect) carry combo.

I bet that S&W BG would be a pleasure to carry as a dedicated pocket pistol.

Good luck...
    Well I did have a inside the pocket holster I just did not like carrying it in there because I have my wallet in one side and usually my phone in the other.

Time to step up to a quality holster and belt...the rest will fall in line...honest!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is worn on my Beltman Belt and sometimes w/ Perry suspenders. Very comfortable.

Glock&Alessi2.JPG

You are gonna have to make a few small changes if you want to carry.

Now honestly, you are carrying a very small, very light gun. You don't need a better belt unless your pants are being held up by a shoelace. Get a pocket holster for your gun and a belt holster for your cell phone. Or even just put your wallet in your back pocket. You will adjust to the different feel in a few days. I promise! I moved my wallet from my left side to my right to better conceal my carry. I was 51 at the time I made the change. It took a while but I'm totally comfortable with the change.
    Question Everything!

I carry a BG 380 at 8:00 with a crossbreed holster and a Walmart belt and can't even tell it is there. All my EDC holsters are crossbreeds. A little pricey but the most comfortable I have found.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links