What is your everyday holster? - Page 11

What is your everyday holster?

This is a discussion on What is your everyday holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M&P 9c in an Alabama Holster Company "The Clipper". The Clipper Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plain Work"...

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What is your everyday holster?

M&P 9c in an Alabama Holster Company "The Clipper".

The Clipper Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plain Work"

If Its one of my M&P's, it's a Safariland 18 IWB

If it's my 4003, it's my Theis

Glock 23

I'm using a Galco King Tuk and very rarely a Galco Summer Comfort. I prefer the King Tuk because I can barely feel that the gun is there. The Summer Comfort seems to feel loose to me. I'm looking into more holsters though. What an addiction!!!

I have a Ramora tuckable holster that seems to work quite well for me. Here is Ramora untucked and tucked.

Ramora Untucked Reduced.jpg

Ramora Tucked2 reduced.jpg

I also use a King tuc or a Skyops depending on dress and time of year.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

NBD

New HOlster for Shield 9mm

I have always gone the store bought route when buying holsters,kydex from Fobus or B.H. and that usually means spending $25-$50 dollars.This time I wanted a holster that looked great,functioned excellent and was going to provide all day comfort in the Memphis heat.I also decided that price would not be a factor.

I took a week or two of researching and reading other peoples feelings on holsters and decided that I would go with the Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Solo.I placed the order,received great communication and received the holster you see in the pictures 3 days ago.I could praise the holster maker and his awesome wife for being professional and great communicators all day long.That`s how great Ron and Sheryl are.I called with a question about mounting options,and received free clips to try out different mounting options.Just Wonderful people to deal with.Its a wonderful holster,Kydex Lined with Herman oak Leather on both interior sides,Medium density water proof foam covered with a pig skin that is so soft,yet holds that holster in place like its glued.What an amazing holster! I finally purchased a holster without wishing for or wanting anything more.
    Attached Images

I use a Hays Holster for all carry guns. Beretta PX4 .40, Kahr CM9 and LCP

Last edited by bandrich; July 14th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

TT Gunleather Slim IWB "Mikes Special"
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

If I have to use an IWB holster it's a Milt Sparks VMII, Most comfortable of it's type I've tried. I really prefer OWB though so 90% of the time it's this one from TT Gunleather:
    Elite DDOE Snap Removable Holster

I've had it for several years and it's so comfortable with my G23 that all day carry is not a problem at all, It conceals very well under a large shirt too. I am considering switching to a G30 and if I do I'll be ordering another of the same model to fit it.

For those of you who make your own leather holsters, what kind of sewing machines do you use?

I've been pretty lucky with holsters. I don't have that many but the ones I use most are a Galco Royal Guard IWB, and a much older Galco pancake style holster for OWB. Lately with the warmer weather, I have been using a Blackhawk Sportster pocket holster. I got this one @ Walley World for like $10. It is very comfortable, no printing, stays in the pocket every time.

Gen-uuu-wine Milt Sparks Summer Special.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I open carry everyday. so i have an OWB holster from blackhawk.its a full retention holster in nylon with extra mag pouch and mounts directly to my gun belt to keep anyone from ripping my pistol out of the holster. I dont normally coneal but i just recently ordered a conceal holster from tommy theis. gonna be a new experience, but i figured it would be good to have a conceal holster as well as OWB open carry holster.

I like my N82. gets the job done if you are on a budget and would rather use the extra 100 dollars for ammo

Ok now. I've been through Castle Rock. I have a general feel for the lay of the land. Just my .02... and yes, I know where to put it; but someone is going to freak out over your open carry, and the local law enforcement officers are going to react, ( or overreact) to a citizen complaint about a 'man with a gun'. You will get hassled, and possibly lose you CCW privdlege as well. Think about.

SmartCarry is great. I have used one for years.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Links