What is your everyday holster? - Page 13

What is your everyday holster?

This is a discussion on What is your everyday holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Blackhawk IWB w/Clip for my G26. I think it is a nice holster, easy to take on and off, easy to reholster, ...

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What is your everyday holster?

I have a Blackhawk IWB w/Clip for my G26. I think it is a nice holster, easy to take on and off, easy to reholster, quite comfy... full grip on draw and reholster and all metal protected from skin. I haven't worn it all day yet, but I have worn it around the house for hours with no discomfort. I like the fact that it is small and easy to stow in my nightstand drawer.

(Photo is not my gun, I retrieved it from the internet for display purposes.)

363069.jpg

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Milt Sparks PMK, Kramer pocket holster, and the Safepacker, from The Wilderness; these are, indeed, my daily-use holsters.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar

Occidental Leather: Phoenix Stronghold IWB

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

CZ 75 Compact in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard designed for Glock 17/31

Ruger SR1911 in an OWB Mitch Rosen

S&W Model 38 Airweight in an Akers model 137A OWB
    JD likes this.

My current go-to holster is a modified Kholster Crescent, which carries my S&W M&P9c. I chopped off the leather above the mounted kydex half shell (the extra leather prevented me from getting a full firing grip on the draw). It's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done. I wear tucked-in dress shirts to work most days, so the tuckable feature is helpful. The only beefs i have with my Kholster are that the metal clips scratch up my belts, the slot to tuck my shirt between the holstered gun and my pants is hard to access, and the holstered gun's slide digs into my abdomen after sitting for a few hours (that last one is my fault, as I modded the holster).

I'm looking at the Comp-tac Spartan or MTAC as a replacement, as they've seemed to address all my complaints. They use reportedly strong kydex belt clips amd the leather backing is cut out around the clips (for easier tucking) and the gun butt (allowing for a full firing grip), while still providing a leather sweat shield/cushion between the slide and the wearer's body. Maybe next paycheck...

Sent from my mobile device - please excuse any spelling/grammar errors

Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
    Retired Combat Infantryman, Ranger, Special Forces, Master Parachutist, Pathfinder

Oderint Dum Metuant

Springfield M1A Scout and M4 (Zombie Apocalypse), Remington 870 (Home Defense), Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC), Sig P238 (BUG)

Either a Hays OWB or a Remora AIWB.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Slide Guard from High Noon....

Re: What is your everyday holster?

Still liking my PJ Holsters with J clip. So slim and light and easier to off and on thank my Tommy Theis (though I love that horse hide one as well but one must commit to wearing it). I have my Gen 4 G26 on me now. Comfy. And I am riding a motorcycle as well. Good stuff.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

UBG Canute:

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Haven't been able to carry everyday here in Wisconsin yet. But in anticipation of the new law going into effect I started rolling a few of my own.

Here is my latest IWB with Elephant trim. I'm currently working on a OWB with Frog skin trim.

This is some nice artwork!

J_B
    Raven VG2 for the Glock 19 & 36

Off the Grid Concepts for Glock 19 w/X300

CrossBreed MiniTuck for M&P Shield

RDR Holsters Micro Carry for M&P Shield...have not received it yet as I just ordered it. This will have to due until Raven does a VG2 for the Shield.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I carry my sig p239 in a blackhawk IWB now, and just ordered a SHTF IWB...should get it in a couple of days.

I carry my Walther P99 in a hybrid IWB holster @ 4:00 made by White Hat Holsters. I use a good thick 1.5" belt made by Crossbreed holsters, which makes all the difference in comfort. I like White Hat because I can change out the kydex for my SR9c. I also carry an LCP as a backup in my left front pocket in a soft Blackhawk #3. May look for something else though, cause the blackhawk covers too much of the grip for easy draw. On Sundays when my shirt is tucked, I change the clips on my hybrid IWB, to clips that have velcro that connects to velcro on my belt (sold by White Hat). This makes it totally hidden.

I carry all day long in a Smartcarry while sworking under the car Glock 26 sits the way SC was designed when done outside I can easily turn the Sc to my 3:30-4:00 side and carry in a "Bellyband" without the compression of a Bellyband.Works really well
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Links