Defensive Carry banner

What is your everyday holster?

58K views 266 replies 235 participants last post by  Easy8 
#1 ·
I am looking for new holsters. Ugh. What a fun adventure. :blink:

I am just curious what your everyday holster is? What holster do you go to and put on everyday because it is the most comfortable, most concealable, most bestest holster ever?

#31 ·
I have a Galco for my 1911...and holsters from Lobo Gunleather for all my Glocks and my Detective Specials.
Crossbreed supertuck for my Glocks when I go IWB.
I also use a Galco Miami for my 1911 shoulder rig, and a High Noon Under Armor shoulder rig for my Glocks.

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

#34 ·
If you are like most of us you will go through many holsters until you find the perfect one, right now I use a remora IWB almost all the time. While OWB is far more comfortable to wear I live in FLA and usually am wearing shorts and a tshirt or polo shirt and OWB just doesnt conceal well with those clothes. If I am somewhere where I can wear a covering garment I would carry OWB in a glock sport holster
Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
www.glock.com/english/index_acc.htm

#37 ·
For the 3" 1911: Crossbreed, CTAC, and MTAC IWB's, Galco Miami Classic II shoulder rig, Galco Avenger OWB, and Smartcarry, in that order.
For the Combat Commander: VMII.
For the R9: Desantis #2 Nemesis pocket holster.
All sturdy leather belts have Velcro sewn inside for use with IWB V clips.

#38 ·
I wish I HAD an "every day" holster. I am constantly rotating them in search of the "perfect" holster for my heavy 1911. My wife says I am as bad about holsters as she is with shoes and purses.

There isn't one though, and I can tell you my favorites are the Galco King Tuck (because it is very adjustable) and the Don Hume 721 OT (OWB). Both do a great job, are reasonably comfy, and hold the weapons well for under $60 each. A good belt is probably more important than a good holster IMO.

#41 ·
It depends what gun I choose that day.

For the P229 it's a Milt Sparks VMII

For the Glock 23 it's either a Galco Snap

Milt Sparks VMII

MTAC

and for my XD9SC it is either a CBST

or a Desantis Tuck This

All of them are well made and comfortable

#42 ·
I prefer Glocks the vast majority of the time for EDC and the High Noon Public Secret worn appendix is my holster of choice. :yup:

Handgun holster Belt Climbing harness Waist Gun accessory
High Noon Public Secret and G-23

If I do carry my Hi-Power then I use the "old school" Bianchi # 100

Belt Climbing harness Fictional character Handgun holster Costume

If the Ruger SP-101 is the carry for the day then it's a Side Guard Quick Clip

Jeans Denim Waist Clothing Handgun holster

Either Beltman or Cross Breed belts are use.

OS

#44 ·
you guys have beautiful leather!
I must seem to be cheap because I use remoras that cost around $25 and on the range I use glock sport owb holsters that retail for $15 or a synthetic slide that cost me $10 at a show, they are all comfortable and work well for me.

#47 ·
Like many of the others, I also believe that holster-fit is a very individual-preference issue: the way the gun, the holster, and the person's body anatomy and chosen dress interacts is unique to each individual.

With that said, here's what I've found to fit me:

99% of the time, my carry-gun is my XDm9 3.8 Compact. 99% of that time, it's in a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, IWB on my strong side (3-o'clock). This is my most comfortable IWB with this gun, and I really only switch to either a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC (standard cant) or a CrossBreed SuperTuck when I have specific concealment concerns, which typically arise only if I step away from my usual jeans-and-an-un-tucked-T-shirt dress routine.

If I can't get the XDm's profile slim enough with the above, I'll switch down to my alternate, a Kahr PM9. 99% of the time when I'm carrying that pistol, it conceals more than well enough with my Garrett Silent Thunder Slim II. I can further suppress its profile if I moved towards using either a Desantis Nemesis or a D.M.Bullard pocket holster, but I try to keep from going this far, as it moves the pistol out of my most-trained-for access.

I really do try to keep my carry consistent - all of my IWB holsters are set up for approximately the same cant, same carry position. 99% of the time, if you patted me down, what comes out will be my XDm9 3.8 Compact.

I completed a one-day "intermediate" level pistolcraft course using my primary carry, holstered in the Pure Kustom (riding on a standard Beltman dual-layer bullhide belt), the rig was perfect, and came through the sweaty and hot day looking not the worse for wear. We also practiced one-handed malfunction drills in this class, and I repeatedly indexed this IWB holster as my hard-point for various functions: the holster never collapsed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.