Remora regular or RFT model

This is a discussion on Remora regular or RFT model within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking of trying the Remora holster and wondering which model to get. I am leaning towards the RFT so that practice would be ...

Thread: Remora regular or RFT model

I am thinking of trying the Remora holster and wondering which model to get. I am leaning towards the RFT so that practice would be easier.
    If I am lucky I will never have to draw for real and if so re holstering will not be my greatest concern. But for practicing my draw at home I'm thinking it
    would be helpful if I didn't have to mess around with my holster every time I replace my gun. I admit, and my wife will verify, I am a bit lazy so making it easier to
    practice my draw will mean I will practice more. Recommendations and opinions would be appreciated.

RKM
    RFT version is worth it. If it costs more, it's hardly anything at all. I have a RFT version.

It depends; call Alan at Remora to discuss...

I have the regular model (G19 with extended mag release) based on my call to Alan.

I have some of both and prefer the "non"-RFT version. They tend to conform to the gun better, and in general feel "smaller" to me when worn.
    I have also recently become very impressed with one of their competitors, "Sticky Holsters" gear. Same concept, but inherently grippier material, and constructed with what I feel is a significantly higher finish quality.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "Gforty" nailed it. Call or email Alan, great gentleman, best customer service around.
    239-293-1165 or alan.remora@yahoo.com
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    It's worth a call to help you decide, Alan is very easy to work with.
    For what it's worth both of mine are RFT; that's probably more a personal preference than a necessity, particularly since I have started to use it more in the cargo pocket of cargo pants rather than tucked.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

As others have said, check with Alan. He's super helpful and responsive. FWIW, I have two Remoras, both are A (for lights and lasers) and RTF models, and even though I don't have a CT on my Diamondback DB9, it carries great in cargos, deeper front pockets, and inside the belt at appendix and 3 o'clock. I also use it in my EDC bag from time to time.

VIP Member
    I recently bought an RFT model for G19, from a member here and have been very impressed with it. What I like about it, is that I can place the holster very low IWB. The RFT can be placed so just the top of it rides at belt level and the gun sits really low. I've never tried the regular model but my personal preference would be the RFT version.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links