Comp-Tac Spartan Holster Retention

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac Spartan Holster Retention within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recieved a Comp-Tac Spartan Holster for my Walther PPS yesterday and tried it out for the first time. The Tension on the holster ...

Thread: Comp-Tac Spartan Holster Retention

Comp-Tac Spartan Holster Retention

I just recieved a Comp-Tac Spartan Holster for my Walther PPS yesterday and tried it out for the first time. The Tension on the holster was really tight so I loosened up the tension screws. However once I place the holster on my body the tension still feels really tight and my draw from the holster is not as smooth and fluid as it is with my crossbreed holster.

Has anybody else had this issue? what did you do to loosen the retension when the holster is on you?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have the MTAC, but same basic thing. When you loosen the screws, make sure that the grommets expand. Sometimes the kydex sticks in close.

Mine was tight at first until the leather broke in to the shape of the gun. I also found that a push from my thumb at the top of the sweat guard made for a nice, clean release during the draw. I do have my screws backed out, though. Your belt will naturally put tension on it. You might send them an email if you have any questions also. They seem like a pretty nice bunch.

I have a Spartan for my XDsc and I have not had this issue. Do what WHEC724 suggested and if it still seems wrong contact customer service. They test fit the holsters before sending them out. Make sure it's for the correct make and model of firearm. They sent my wife the wrong sheath on her MTAC and we had to do an exchange.

Always give a new holster time to 'break in' before deciding there's a problem with it. Any decent holster will be tight at first, right?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942

Like the others have said, the MTAC, being the hybrid that it is, in being half leather, will require a little breaking-in.

Sounds broken. I will take it off your hands for you.

Links