New tuckable holster from Ryan Grizzle

This is a discussion on New tuckable holster from Ryan Grizzle within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just had to share this. I ordered this rig July 3 and received August 26, and have worn it every day since. Most days with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New tuckable holster from Ryan Grizzle

Just had to share this.

I ordered this rig July 3 and received August 26, and have worn it every day since. Most days with a polo shirt and shorts, but sometimes with slacks or jeans.

I have tried various other tuckables, including the Supertuck. This holster blows them all away.

It is a horsehide holster and two sets of belt loops to match my black and mahogany belts.

DSC_1116.jpg
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

GM
    Very nice holster . Was it a special-order? Because I do not see that model on his website
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I have a "R Grizzle" holster for my Sig 238. I think it's the City Slicker.
    I love the natural leather color. He was great to work with.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Nice looking rig. I like the light natural horsehide color.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Very nice holster . Was it a special-order? Because I do not see that model on his website
    It was a special order, but was based upon the "City Slicker" model. Ryan is great to work with and we emailed back and forth to get it right. His ideas were always better than mine.

The holster is horsehide, but the rough side of the leather is out on the back and the smooth side is out on the front. This combination allows a better purchase against under garments/skin on the draw, and very little drag when the shirt tail is tucked or pulled up.

I wanted leather loops so they would not show as badly as plastic on my belts. Adding the snap loops to the plastic struts was a wonderful idea! Very easy to put on and take off, and they match both Beltman belts perfectly.

We omitted the leather mouth reinforcement to keep it as thin as possible. Besides, the mouth will not collapse because the gun is in the holster when it is tucked. If worn untucked, then I put the gun in before the belt is completely snugged.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have a Grizzle IWB, for my PM9. Great, great holster. I highly recommend Ryan.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Pretty!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Is that the "Town & Country"? Looks nice, thinking about trying one.
    I like it about 4 o'clock, where do you where it?
    It looks like the cant and height is adjustable, if yes about how much?
    TIA
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Very nice holster man! Looks like the person who made it really has a lot of skill and takes pride in what he makes. So what did you find to be the benefits over the other holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Is that the "Town & Country"? Looks nice, thinking about trying one.
    I like it about 4 o'clock, where do you where it?
    It looks like the cant and height is adjustable, if yes about how much?
    TIA
    It is the "City Slicker" with a few modifications. I wear it about 4 o'clock as well.

The plastic strut has 6 holes for adjustment. Top hole to bottom hole, center to center is 2.5 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    Very nice holster man! Looks like the person who made it really has a lot of skill and takes pride in what he makes. So what did you find to be the benefits over the other holsters?
    I am an older guy. I like leather. I appreciate good leatherwork. I love excellent customer service. Ryan Grizzle offers all of this.

I like leather so this gets me away from kydex. My better grade blued guns appreciate that. I have found that horsehide is slick, and fast to draw from, and can be kept that way with a little care.

For years I have used a Milt Sparks Summer Special and really like the way it rode on my hip. This holster rides almost exactly the same way, and it is tuckable. I say almost, because the Grizzle has more leather on the sides and I feel that on my hip bone. It bothered me for about 3 days, and now I don't pay any attention to it. Just like it's not there.

Every time I put on other tuckables, I worked up a sweat trying to get them on and in position and the shirt tucked. After 3 times with the Grizzle, it is almost as easy as the non-tuckable Sparks. I truly believe that to be the smooth side out horsehide doing its job. Also, the full length holster presents a smooth and even tuck that I did not get from the leather/kydex half holsters.

Probably it is just me, but I kept getting my waist band hung up on the bottom of the kydex, and/or gun barrel, when trying to pull my pants back up. The full holster eliminates that.

Holsters are a personal thing, and not everyone agrees on anything anymore, let alone holster fit. The most important benefit is that this holster fits me. We were old friends in 3 days, and have been inseparable ever since.

Nice! Ryan makes great holsters!

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have a Ryan Grizzle for both my GLOCK 30 and my Sig 229. Working Man, and Country Boy, respectively.

He makes a fine holster!!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Liked it better than a SuperTuck? Love my SuperTuck.

Great looking rig.

Going to have to look into this!

Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Liked it better than a SuperTuck?
    I think this has something to do with better adjustment on the Grizzle,the full length of the holster, and the leather snap loops instead of metal clips.

There are 5 holes at the rear of the SuperTuck and only 4 holes at the front for adjustment. The Grizzle struts have 6 holes in 2.5 inches while the SuperTuck only 5 holes in the same length in the holster. I think this offers better fine tuning on how it rides on my hip. (My Beltman belt has the 7 holes option because belts with the normal 5 holes never matched up for me; always too loose or too tight.)

The SuperTuck kydex portion is really more like a "slide" holster, and frequently gets hung up on the waistband when I put it on. The full length holster inserts below the waistband, eliminating this issue.

Also, I find with the snap loops it much easier to adjust the holster position in the pants and on the belt, than the metal clips. And they don't scar the finish on the belt either.

Just my opinion.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links