A Great gentleman and a FINE Holster

This is a discussion on A Great gentleman and a FINE Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to take a minute to acknowledge a fine gesture by a member of the Defensive Carry community and give a review to a ...

Thread: A Great gentleman and a FINE Holster

A Great gentleman and a FINE Holster

I want to take a minute to acknowledge a fine gesture by a member of the Defensive Carry community and give a review to a holster created by this individual. Jeff Hays(Haystacker),as many of us know, is a holster maker. He's also a great guy. Here is why. In late July I posted that my son,who is a an active-duty Army paratrooper, was home on leave from Italy and we were going to hit my local gun shop to look at AR's and purchase an SP101.

When I mentioned about holsters for that revolver, Jeff thinking the SP101 was being bought by my son volunteered to make a holster free of charge for Matt. When I told him it was instead for me, he didn't blink an eye and extended the same offer. In less than 5 days I had a brand new IWB holster for the 2.25" Ruger delivered to my house. All Jeff asked was that I review it and make an recommendations to him as far as changes I might like. So here goes: Jeff built a beautiful rough-side out leather IWB with a single belt loop strap.

The holster has a reinforced "mouth" that makes reholstering a breeze and prevents the design from closing shut. The holster(which is right-handed BTW)has a slight forward cant of a few degrees and rides low to aid in concealment. I starting wearing the holster immediately and it was VERY COMFORTABLE. We all know the little Ruger is not exactly a lightweight either. The design with the smooth-side in affords a quick presentation and easy reholstering. If I walk around the house with the rig empty it still retains its shape.

The strap has a standard snap(which I prefer)and is extremely secure. I drove for 8 hours with the SP101 riding very comfortably at the 4 o'clock position. No issues at all. If I would have needed the 101 it would have been out in a flash. The holster did not shift and after awhile I forgot I was packin'.Now, I have owned many holsters over the years,including a Milt Sparks Summer Special, I received as a gift for my Colt OM, and Jeff's rig is right there with them. I would NOT think twice about purchasing another holster from Mr.Hays. I think everyone should know that this was his first foray into the IWB holster type as Jeff makes mostly belt rigs in his business. Well folks he hit it out of the park! I hope my friends here on DC will take a look at what Jeff has to offer. He is a great gentleman and makes a fine holster.
    Last edited by JD; September 9th, 2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Removed bold font, added spacing.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

2. Remove Ads

I second your remarks re. Jeff. He has made me three holsters and treats me like an old friend ( and I think of him as a long distance friend!) and I would not hesitate to have him make a holster for me--- even if it doesn't show on his site: he will do whatever he can to accommodate a customer. And bless you and your son!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    I second your remarks re. Jeff. He has made me three holsters and treats me like an old friend ( and I think of him as a long distance friend!) and I would not hesitate to have him make a holster for me--- even if it doesn't show on his site: he will do whatever he can to accommodate a customer. And bless you and your son!
    Thank you for your remarks about me and Matt! As for Jeff's rigs..I see over a 170 views on this thread,so hopefully, that will drum up some more business for this fine gentleman!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Links