Looking for OWB for Glock 26 with some sort of safeguard in case BG grabs gun.

This is a discussion on Looking for OWB for Glock 26 with some sort of safeguard in case BG grabs gun. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Title says it all. I have a Glock 26 and want an OWB holster for the belt loops; paddle holsters are annoying to me. I ...

Thread: Looking for OWB for Glock 26 with some sort of safeguard in case BG grabs gun.

Looking for OWB for Glock 26 with some sort of safeguard in case BG grabs gun.

Title says it all.

I have a Glock 26 and want an OWB holster for the belt loops; paddle holsters are annoying to me.

I really want to look into holsters that prevent the bad guy from getting your gun in case there is a struggle. Are thumb breaks good for this? What about the nylon straps?

Blackhawk serpa is not a choice for me. I honestly loved the holster but in the heat of battle I don't want to risk a ND.

Thanks for any help or input guys.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Thumb breaks are not designed to thwart a gun grab.

You want a level III retention holster.

Jim

Perfect, thanks Jim!
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

Concealed or open? Thumb breaks are ok if you have a retention screw to assist w/ passive retention as well. Or if they are molded for your specific weapon. I have a Black Ops from Pure Kustom that has awesome retention and no thumb break or straps. I had a fellow firearms instructor that couldn't get a red gun out of my holster and I had my hands on my head providing no resistance. I'm sure that given enough time, someone could defeat it, but that goes for any holster. You need to have good weapon retention techniques.

If you need retention and you open carry then get the ALS line from Safariland. The Serpa would work, the whole ND thing is a training issue. Also it appears that Blackhawk may have added some material to help "guide" your trigger finger along the frame preventing it from getting into the trigger guard unintentionally.

But if you are going concealed, an open top holster from any of the high end makers; Pure Kustom, Milt Sparks, TT, Occidental etc..., would more than suffice.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

K.I.S.S.

A simple, quality, leather OWB holster...
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.ht

Unless you are highly trained, and your muscle memory has been 'fine tuned', a level II or III retention holster my hinder your own self-defense.

I'd stick with fine tuning your SA and train with the basic holsters. If you are that worried about bad guys going for your gun, keep it concealed.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For a good holster with a decent price point check the Don Hume H717.

I have three of these, for different guns. Releases with the middle finger.

Model 82 *CarryLok™ Hip Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Links