OWB Holster suggestions for an S+W model 64, 3 inch barrel stainless revolver?

This is a discussion on OWB Holster suggestions for an S+W model 64, 3 inch barrel stainless revolver? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Suggestions for a comfortable OWB cc holster for an S+W model 64, 3 inch revolver? I find it a little heavy to carry....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: OWB Holster suggestions for an S+W model 64, 3 inch barrel stainless revolver?

Suggestions for a comfortable OWB cc holster for an S+W model 64, 3 inch revolver? I find it a little heavy to carry.

Try a Hays pancake. I carry a GP100 3", that is heavier than a 64, in one and it is quite comfortable.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Look at Fist's #12 Basic (OWB). I have a few of them for several different firearms
    HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a 3" Model 10 that rides well in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake.
    Attached Images
    shooterX likes this.

Administrator
    The Milt Sparks PMK - without a doubt one of the finest OWB revolver rigs on Planet Earth.

You need to follow the exact ordering instructions on the Milt Sparks web site & be prepared to wait a while for your holster because your name will be placed on a waiting list. Sparks holsters are "hot ticket" items and Sparks refuses to compromise on quality just to meet the incredible demand.
    BTW - Totally 100% honest company.

all image credit given to MILT SPARKS HOLSTERS ~~> http://www.miltsparks.com/

A well-designed pancake-style holster, mounted on a sturdy belt, usually does an excellent job of supporting the weight and anchoring the handgun firmly to the body. I carry a full-sized 1911-style pistol daily in my Enhanced Pancake model on the B8 Belt, and frequently forget that I have it on. Conceals very nicely with nothing more than a loose-fitting shirt left untucked.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

VIP Member
    I agree with the Milt Sparks PMK. Its the primary carry device for my S&W 640 when I go with a untucked shirt.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have several from Lobo and they make a great holster at a reasonable price.

I especially like the pancake with snaps and also the three slot that allows cross draw carry.

Lobo Gun Leather - Model 1 Pancake Style holster

TT Gunleather......most comfortable Holsters I've ever worn and quality "second to none"!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I like, and carry revolvers... Including a 3" model 10. Carrying a revolver is IMO different than an auto... The revolver has different lines, and a different center of gravity. I find that revolvers carry better when the cylinder is at or below belt level, while Autos carry as well above the belt, as below. That Milt Sparks is looning reeeal good from where I sit.

Sponsored Links