Now why did it take so long for me to think of this...CONVERTABLE HOLSTER!!!

This is a discussion on Now why did it take so long for me to think of this...CONVERTABLE HOLSTER!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a rediculously simple way to turn your normal OWB into an IWB and can be converted back. I have quite a bit of leather ...

Thread: Now why did it take so long for me to think of this...CONVERTABLE HOLSTER!!!

Now why did it take so long for me to think of this...CONVERTABLE HOLSTER!!!

Here's a rediculously simple way to turn your normal OWB into an IWB and can be converted back. I have quite a bit of leather working stuff, but every thing you need to do this you can find at hobby lobby. Mind you this was a rough proof of concept but dang if it doesn't work! A stiff leather strap takes the place of my belt with 2 straps attached via threaded posts (scrapbooking section at hobby lobby) and a couple of heavy duty snapps later and...
    IMG_0331.JPGIMG_0330.JPGIMG_0329.JPG

2. Remove Ads

cj
    Reminds me of the old Bucket Holster thread from a while back. Great idea then, and a great idea now :)

yup pretty much the same just leather instead of plastic.

Now that's innovative....................I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Now that's innovative....................I like it.
    Why thank you...I did make the holster too but that was a couple of months ago.

Several holster makers are making convertible holsters that go from IWB to OWB very easy. I understand this isn't the same as what you show, but I would be concerned about to many separate pieces, means more chance of failure as well. But if it works for you, YMMV.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I followed this up with one I made last night for a coworker. The black leather peices on the original are a bit rough (just a proof of concept). Here's the cleaner version 2.0.

IMG_0338.JPG

My coworker wanted the option for cross draw IWB so that's why the straps are set up the way they are in the picture but it's adustable to include vertical or forward can't for strong side carry, and also has a slight vertical can't when worn owb with the belt slots. I know what you guys are thinking, who would want to carry a full size S&W 6"? I voiced that concern but he wanted the holster that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Several holster makers are making convertible holsters that go from IWB to OWB very easy. I understand this isn't the same as what you show, but I would be concerned about to many separate pieces, means more chance of failure as well. But if it works for you, YMMV.
    Nah, the leather I am using is 6 oz (I think) it's VERY heavy duty and isn't going to break. The threaded fasteners and snaps are very heavy duty as well.

Here's version 3.0 put together for a holster I made a few months ago.

IMG_0344.JPGIMG_0345.JPG

Great idea! I love to see ideas at work!
    Question Everything!

Links