IWB holster for Sig p229

IWB holster for Sig p229

This is a discussion on IWB holster for Sig p229 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a iwb holster for my sig p229. My price range is under $100. I have thougth about a Bianchi Pro100, a ...

Thread: IWB holster for Sig p229

IWB holster for Sig p229

I am looking for a iwb holster for my sig p229. My price range is under $100. I have thougth about a Bianchi Pro100, a DeSantis cozypartner, and a few similar Galco models. Any exp with these models? Any other suggestions? There are so many options and this will be my first holster purchase. Thanx All!

There are a ton of makers with holsters similar to the very popular Milt Sparks VMII (pictured below)

Take a look at WinthropHolsters

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Try Stoner Holsters.Fine Quality, good price, and it works for me and my P229.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    High Noon Down Under IWB.
    sDSC00748.jpg

Sponsor

Brigade Holsters

Hi, sniperxix... My top selling concealed carry holsters are the Brigade M-11 IWB holsters. It is $115 and all forum members get free shipping.

IMG_5244a.jpg
    Brigade GunLeather maker of custom holsters
    www.brigadegunleather.com

Custom 1911 pistolsmith Custom 1911 Pistols
    www.harpcustom.com

troyharp@brigadegunleather.com

Please contact me via phone or email for any leather holsters status or questions, thanks. 1-888-600-2377

Try Nate at UBG Holsters He should have what you want for about $70...and he's prompt with his custom holsters.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Very nice holsters Troy. As a reptile breeder I like the interesting exotic choices such as Tegu and Caiman. However I might have to wait for my 1911 purchase before I "pull the trigger" on this deal. We all have our wish lists and I consider my Sig a temporary ccw until I get something smaller.

VIP Member
    A second for Nate at UBG, though there are a number of very talented (and reasonably priced) makers on the forum.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Get yourself a Galco King Tuk. I was very surprised to find that it made my P229 more comfortable to carry than smaller/lighter guns. Of course you need a good gun belt and that is what causes many people problems. They will spend a lot on the gun and holster but wear a K-Mart belt and think it will be good because it is thick. Nope, no way. I learned the hard way too. Got myself a reinforced instructor's belt from Wilderness Tactical and a leather bull hide belt from The Beltman. All I feel is some weight on my side when I carry any of my three Sigs. No discomfort and I easily conceal it under an untucked camp type shirt. Now I am an old guy and no longer trying to look cool, ghetto or fashionable so I dress around my guns and can carry full sized and small guns alike. However if you are not willing to dress around your gun, the Sigs are not for you. Get yourself a nice Kahr PM9/40 or M&P Shield. A few less rounds than a Glock 26 but much less thicker. Those who worry about only carrying 7 or 8 rounds must know which is the magical number of rounds to carry is or plan on missing a lot. :)

you can spend a lot more but you can't get a more comfortable holster than a remora
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

My 229 rides in a Minotaur M-TAC. I have a Mitch Rosen Workman I will gladly sell you for $125 plus shipping (it is for a 229 with no rails). Originally cost me $170 and took over 6 months to get. See his website for a picture... Rosen Product Line

Tuckable all leather.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Links