Defensive Carry banner

IMB Holster for S&W M&P 9mm Compact with Thumb Safety

11K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  357and40 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with an IWB holster for the S&W M&P 9mm Compact with Thumb Safety, (which is ambidextrous)? Specifically an IWB that has protection between gun and body. I called Galco to review all of their offerings. They were honest to state that none of theirs had been tested with the Thumb safety. (Makes one want to do busines with outfits like that!) I would prefer an IWB that has thumb release strap.

#10 ·
#4 ·
Your thread title caused some explicit images of you carrying a gun to flash into my head, where is my brain bleach.

I've never carried a M&P but I can recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe, does a great job with my GLOCK 19.

#7 ·
I have a M&P 9c with crimson trace laser grips on it and no safety and I use a Comptac CTAC holster, and a TT Gunleather Mikes Special Leather holster. Both are very comfortable and both should also work with the thumb safety models.

#8 ·
I carry mine in a Galco King Tuck. It is a 9c with the thumb safety. The only problem is the slide protector piece that extends up can disengage the thumb safety when reholstering. You just have to be mindful of it, once holstered it is a non issue. I also carry it in a custom holster OWB from CC Holsters. But the Galco is one of the best for IWB IMO. Very comfy for all day carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.