Breaking in my new Sidegaurd Holster

Breaking in my new Sidegaurd Holster

This is a discussion on Breaking in my new Sidegaurd Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in the great state of Wisconsin so my carry options have been kind of slim for most of my life. I do have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Breaking in my new Sidegaurd Holster

Thumbs up Breaking in my new Sidegaurd Holster

I live in the great state of Wisconsin so my carry options have been kind of slim for most of my life. I do have a Utah permit so I can carry in MN and IA, but have never been able to conceal a gun here in WI. Last fall voters turned out and voted a brave and courageous new Govenor name Scott Walker into office. One of Walker's promises was that he would pass a conceal carry bill. As of Nov 1st WI will be the 49th state in the Union to allow people the means to defend themselves legally with a concealed firearm.

With all of this happening I knew I would need to update my carry options some. Quality leather holsters are so important I started visiting holster manufacturer websites to check and see what their options and build times are. After visiting close to 100 different sites I found SideGaurd Holsters from Maplewood MN. They were delivering holsters out about 10 weeks. I have tried a lot of carry options and just cant find very many IWB Holsters I like so I chose a holster That SG calls the High Slide ($75). This holster keeps the gun high and against the body. I found that I can easily carry my XD SC under a t-shirt or other light cover garment. I also chose to finally buy a good gun belt The double thick belt was $80 but worth every penny of it. This is one of the stiffest and strongest belts I have ever worn. The only thing that tops it is one of my competition belts! I have been wearing the belt and holster combo around the house to break them in. I am planning to order a couple more holsters from Eric, I need a holster for my Ruger LCP and my S&W 637.

Sidegaurd did a great job of delivering an extremely high quality product in a timely manner. Don't be shy about ordering from Eric at SG. I will post some pics later today, also SG is a forum sponsor here.

Norm Walker
    River Falls WI

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - High Slide

GM
    Glad you found a holster you like . Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats on the quality leather find...a good holster and a good leather belt are a hard combo to beat.

Holster shopping has several requirements...
    First and foremost, make a holster box.
    Second, be willing to spend good money and allow a waiting period.
    Third, allow a waiting period for holster 'break in'.
    Fourth, begin to realize that every firearm requires more than one holster.
    Fifth, try to keep your holsters to black or brown...this way they all look alike to the President of your organization.
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Every quality holster I ordered arrived weeks to months later and they were tighter than a cats meow. You need to avoid the temptation to soften it up with anything. First, it will still be wet leather which takes weeks to cure. Simply by holstering and unholstering will soften it up naturally.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Cool

Side Guard Quick Clip for my SP-101

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/QuickClip.htm

Good Quality and fair pricing.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge......

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I am still loving my Sideguard holster.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    CZ75 compact in a Double Clip IWB, and a Kimber BP in a High Slide OWB. Love it!

Links