Remora "No Clip" IWB holster

This is a discussion on Remora "No Clip" IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just placed an order for a #10 ART RFT with SS for the XDM 3.8 and a double mag pouch. In a week or so ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Remora "No Clip" IWB holster

Ordered my first Remora

Just placed an order for a #10 ART RFT with SS for the XDM 3.8 and a double mag pouch. In a week or so we will see how well it works.
    Anyone carrying the double with a magazine and flashlight? Wondering if my Fenix TK-10 will fit ok.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Dont' read them.
    Nice retort. Oh, is that a scripture verse in your signature? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Nice retort. Oh, is that a scripture verse in your signature? Nice.
    Makes sense to me, why would you want to read something you know you will not like?
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I love Remora! How often do you order an inexpensive product and end up on a first name basis with the owner of the company? Alan and his company and products are awesome.

One amazing thing is their fit chart. I bought a Remora for my S&W 642 snubbie with a built-in pouch for a Bianchi speed strip. They also have models to fit the very latest guns with external lasers. If you can't find it somewhere else, I can just about bet Remora will have it, or will make it at your request.

As to the question about comparing the Remora to Desantis, I had the sticky Desantis, and had to throw it away because a black tarry substance started rubbing off of it. I love Desantis products, so I am NOT hating on them, but when I contacted customer service there, they basically told me to kiss off. After spending hundreds with them over the years, it was disappointing.

Ok I have to throw in my two cents worth, I had a question as to whether they offer a holster with a mag pouch attached that fits a compact 1911, so I shot off an email to Alan today (Sunday). Now I wasn't expecting a reply until at least Monday at the earliest, but not only dd he reply on Sunday, it was within two hours of the time I sent my e-mail to him. So needless to say he has the customer service to back up his product with. He just won me over, and I am not an easy sell when it comes to trying new things I can't put my fingers on first.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Springfield XD9sc
    S&W 4516
    Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U

I have many. Great choice for those that drive and pocket carry. When I get in my car I tuck my Remora in cross draw position. Before exiting the car it goes back to pocket of IWB on right side. I can carry the gun high or low. It works for IWB and pocket carry equally well. Can't beat the price. I keep telling people that my cheapest holsters are usually more comfortable than my $100+ ones. Not as cool as having the current "in" holster but surely easier to carry. :)

Is this a dead thread?? I just ordered a 3B for my Kahr PM9.
    CW5 Retired, Master Army Aviator and MTFE (1970-2005).

I use my Remoras to store my handguns also. They are perfect for handguns for which you don't have boxes or rugs. They won't draw and hold moisture like leather holsters.

Safe shooting,
    Vv

Absolutely love all three of mine! It's pretty much all i have used in the last 2 years - Love'em!
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Does anyone have both the standard and the full sweat shield, or have otherwise had the opportunity to try both versions? Normally I'd consider only the standard version (ART, of course) but as I don't wear an undershirt, ever, I'm wondering about the added benefit of the sweat shield. My pistol is a CZ82 so it's somewhat mid size with a full three finger grip vs. the smaller LCP's which are more stubby. I'm just not sure about spending a full day with the metal and plastic of the gun against bare skin. And of course the added factor of sweat in the summer time. I'm pretty much an average sized man and don't have a major sweat problem but still......

Just wondering if the sweat shield outside of offering protection, adds any extra bulk which might make it less comfortable than the standard non-sweat shield version.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Sweat shield is ok on the G27, but on the G23 it does not fit close to the handle outline. So, on some it will be OK and not on others.

I have 2 and I am going to order another one soon. I always hated IWB holsters. But, I wear a Remora everyday. For $30, it is worth a try.

I was thinking about buying a $150 holster before I purchased my Remora holsters, but now I don't see any reason.
    danwdooley likes this.
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by gcburt View Post
    Is this a dead thread?? I just ordered a 3B for my Kahr PM9.
    I see that this thread IS NOT dead - good!

I found that Remora Customer Service is fast at responding. I sent an email asking about a holster for our Taurus 94 that wasn't listed in their fitment chart; and got a reponse over the weekend.

They even mentioned (without my query) that they offer a military discount. I'd just used my military email.

Seems like a great company to do business with.
    CW5 Retired, Master Army Aviator and MTFE (1970-2005).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links