Defensive Carry banner

Remora "No Clip" IWB holster

15K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  gcburt 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine who's employed at the local shooting range turned me on to this line of holsters recently.
It is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. It stays put, even when loaded with my full-size M&P9 (unloaded of course) with running and jumping around. It makes my full-size M&P9 disappear, even in such simple clothes as a white T-shirt or a light-colored polo shirt. And at $30, it's hard to beat! I would highly recommend to anyone.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

#4 ·
Very satisfied with mine so far. Plus, Alan, the owner, is a super nice guy!

#5 ·
I've been using one for about two weeks, now. Been carrying a Ruger SR9c for 14-16 hours a day, doing yard work, riding a motorcycle, changing the oil in the bike, etc. The holster stays put and keeps the gun secure. Because you can wear it at any cant or depth you want, it's as comfortable as an IWB holster CAN be. I'm VERY impressed with this holster, and I'll be buying more for my other handguns. Can't recommend them enough !!!

#7 ·
Agreed. And Alan, the owner, is extremely pleasant to deal with!
I was showing it off at my range today, and three or people were excited enough about it to want one.

#14 ·
This holster has to be one of the most talked-about conversation pieces on this forum, and deservedly so.

I'm wearing one right now, with a PM9 in it. I like that it can be tucked and stays put, but also fits nicely in the cargo pocket of cargo pants/shorts and also slips between the seat breaks on the front seat of the truck or in the bottom of the door of the truck and the holster fits all of those purposes just fine.

#16 ·
Remora "No Clip" IWB holster
I was sceptical but it was inexpensive enough that I bought one out of curiosity. I have used it for quick trips to the mailbox or a brief run to the store. It also works well for driving in a crossdraw position. I see it as simply a more secure way to Mexican carry and as such it can be handy for some things. I don't see it as a replacement for a belt holster for all day carry.

#18 ·
@Roguestew..Please contact Alan at alan.remora@yahoo.com and we will be more than happy to replace your regular holster with an ART holster at no charge. Your complete satisfaction of our product is our number one priority, As always, if you receive the holster, and are not completely satisfied with the style or fitment, send it back and we would be more than happy to send you another REMORA holster.

#24 ·
i've got a kahr mk9 and i'm looking very closely at the remora. i just wish i had 3 holsters in front of me so i could try using them all. (1) remora, (2) crossbreed minktuck, (3) garrett industries "silent thunder iwb". seems all three would cover ALL the ba$e$. any thoughts?????

Oh yeah, i'm also thinking i should have bought the kahr pm9 instead of the mk9. darn those all steel guns, i'm such a sucker for steel. i guess i could call my mk9 elite the 'tweener pistol'.....somewhere between pocket and holster.

#27 ·
i've got a kahr mk9 and i'm looking very closely at the remora. i just wish i had 3 holsters in front of me so i could try using them all. (1) remora, (2) crossbreed minktuck, (3) garrett industries "silent thunder iwb". seems all three would cover ALL the ba$e$. any thoughts?????
- I have the CrossBreed MiniTuck for my Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace. It's been a great holster. I also have the Remora for my Kahr P380 with Crimson Trace. It's also been a great holster. That being said, I plan on ordering the Remora for my PM9 in the next few days. We'll see if it's more comfortable...

Oh yeah, i'm also thinking i should have bought the kahr pm9 instead of the mk9. darn those all steel guns, i'm such a sucker for steel. i guess i could call my mk9 elite the 'tweener pistol'.....somewhere between pocket and holster.
- I also have the Kahr MK9. It's a great gun, but it definitely is much heavier than the PM9. Unfortunately, I stopped carrying it once I bought the PM9.

#26 ·
stickemup,

I have all three of the holsters you mention (along with a few others). I like all three, but I use the Remora --- all day, every day. They are all good holsters, but you can save yourself a bunch of money ... just buy the Remora. (at least start with it, since it's much less expensive)

#28 ·
toker blue,

where is your crossbreed positioned? appendix? 3:00 (hip)? 4:00? having no experience with either of the three holsters i mentioned above, i've done a bit of research and conclude the c b m t might be a bit more hassle with the 'on and off" than the garrett industries 'silent thunder iwb'. so i think i've learned, the c b m t is not going to work for appendix carry (better at 3-4 o'clock) while the garrett 'silent thunder' is a bit more versatile and can be positioned just about anywhere...and it's gotta be much easier/quicker for on & off. As for comfort, i have no idea between the two. Clearly, the remora has to be the most comfortable (doesn't it?). keep in mind, i'm looking for a holster for my kahr mk9 elite BUT may soon pick up a Kahr pm9 as the lighter weight has to make a difference in comfort whether it's in a pocket or iwb holster. i know, not much difference. i don't think i can go to the all plastic cm9 as i'm already swallowing hard to accept the pm9. i llike my steel.

#30 ·
I use a Theis holster, which is very similar to the CBMT and I wear it AIWB. The only time I have an issue with it is if I'm driving for long periods of time.

I'm going to look into a Remora - They list the Astra A-80 as one of the guns that they fit! :danceban: Not too many manufacturers make holsters for that gun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.