Recommend an IWB for my LCR.

This is a discussion on Recommend an IWB for my LCR. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have just aquired a Ruger LCR in a trade and I'm looking for a good IWB holster. Any recommendations? Has anyone tried the High ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recommend an IWB for my LCR.

Recommend an IWB for my LCR.

I have just aquired a Ruger LCR in a trade and I'm looking for a good IWB holster. Any recommendations? Has anyone tried the High Noon Mr. Softy for the LCR or any of the other HN unmolded leather holsters? Thanks.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I have a Mr. Softy for the LCR and LCP. I really like it for the LCP, but not as much for the LCR. The LCR is a tight fit and you really have to work it in before you get full trigger cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    I have just aquired a Ruger LCR in a trade and I'm looking for a good IWB holster. Any recommendations? Has anyone tried the High Noon Mr. Softy for the LCR or any of the other HN unmolded leather holsters? Thanks.
    That is what I use... High noon Mr. Softy..... if you carry on your hip I recommend the bare asset as it has a cant. The mr. softy is more for AIWB

2.jpg

Leather is proably going to be your most comfortable method of carry. +1 for high noon, good quality leather

We just prototyped a kydex holster system that runs both inside and outside the waist.
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail ... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."

-Jeff Cooper

Or, you can consider a Silent Thunder IWB. It is a single belt clip and is very quick and easy to on/off. Kydex shell for moisture & bump protection, soft leather lined to protect the guns finish. Excellent company and great folks that stand behind their products. Check out my signature links below.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i used the Bare Asset until my Sideguard Minimal Snap arrived. i really love the Minimal Snap. it's top notch in quality and weighs in at only $37. here's mine:

I just bought one from Jeff Hays at haysholsters, who I heard about on this site. I have unfortunately only worn it a couple times, but I recommend it. The LCR fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by kbizzle View Post
    i used the Bare Asset until my Sideguard Minimal Snap arrived. i really love the Minimal Snap. it's top notch in quality and weighs in at only $37. here's mine:

differences between that and the bare asset? Do you carry AIWB? I like this one... it is peaking my interest.

Cool

I use the Side Guard Quick Clip for my SP-101.

I like leather and a holster that has a re-enforced mouth for one hand reholstering.

Quality product at a fair price.

Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Quick Clip

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge.....

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I use the Side Guard Quick Clip for my SP-101.

I like leather and a holster that has a re-enforced mouth for one hand reholstering.

Quality product at a fair price.

Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Quick Clip

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge.....

OS
    I picked up a Garrity "In-Conspicuous" on Ebay. Hopefully it works out for me. It is very similar to the Quick Clip.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

hey az,

according to Sideguard the Minimal/Quick Snap and Minimal/Quick Clip are great for AIWB. i carry at 3:30-4:00 so i asked erik for a 15 degree cant and requested that it ride a little lower in the belt. as you see, i also bought one of his rough out speed strip pouches too.

the high noon mr. softy and bare assets are very serviceable holsters but the SG holsters are handmade and there's a big difference between the two (and not a big difference between the pricing). this is not a slam on high noon as they offer some beautiful higher end custom holsters as well. i have a beltman belt and the snap works really well on the thicker belts... the metal spring clips i've used in the past are harder to clip on and usually scratch my belt.

hope this helps and good luck!

I use the Mr. Softy for my SP101.

It does the job very well, for not much money.

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Check out PJ Holsters. Highly recommended.

I have an LCR and am having trouble nail down a good IWB holster too. I'm currently using a Desanti Nemesis (pocket holster) for IWB and it has been comfortable, but I would like something with a clip or attachment for peace of mind that it won't move. I just got in a Galco Tuc-n-go last night and althought it's well made, it's bulky, rides high, and isn't very comfortable.

I was thinking about ordering an HN Mr. Softy, but someone said that it was more for AIWB and recommended the HN Bare Assest, but The Bare Assest is listed as riding high. The miminalist is looks good, but someone also mentioned it's more for AIWB...

I'm looking for an IWB for hip carry not for AIWB, that rides low, is thin, and "comfortable".

Thanks, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Help me solve me IWB dilemma!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links