Galco Concealable Holster And Crimson Trace

This is a discussion on Galco Concealable Holster And Crimson Trace within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry 2(1911, 4" barrel, Crimson Trace) and I'm interested in picking up a Galco Concealable holster. I'm aware that ...

Thread: Galco Concealable Holster And Crimson Trace

I've got a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry 2(1911, 4" barrel, Crimson Trace) and I'm interested in picking up a Galco Concealable holster. I'm aware that Galco lists this holster as being compatible with Crimson Trace grips, however, after looking at pictures of the holster, I've got say that I'm a bit doubtful. While the leather appears to be formed to fit a standard 1911 grip, it doesn't seem to have enough room for the laser grip. Does anyone have any experience with this holster as it relates to Crimson Trace grips? Any other opinions on it are welcome as well. (My apologies: I just realized that this question should actually be in the holsters forum )
    CONHOL.jpg
    Last edited by Goober_Peas; September 20th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights)

I've got two Galco Concealables and my general impression is that if Galco says it fits, it will fit. However, I don't have any experience with using Crimson Trace grips. My thinking would be that they would alter the molding on the holster to accomodate the grips. The easiest thing to do would be to call Galco customer service at 1(800) USGALCO and express your concerns. Then you would have the answer straight from them.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Links