Help me choose OWB/Kydex holster.

This is a discussion on Help me choose OWB/Kydex holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Smith & Wesson M&Pc pistol, and was thinking about purchasing a Phantom holster from Raven concealment but i dont feel like waiting ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kpw

Thread: Help me choose OWB/Kydex holster.

I have a Smith & Wesson M&Pc pistol, and was thinking about purchasing a Phantom holster from Raven concealment but i dont feel like waiting 16-18 weeks. I wanted an alternative and was looking at the Minimum Tek-Lok OWB from Kolbeson holsters and Garrett Industries silent thunder.

Anyone have any comments or experiences with either of these holsters?

I have a Crown Royal Modular holster for my M&P9 full size with a matching mag carrier. It is a Raven-like holster made by a guy here in MI. I have been using it, pretty much everyday, for a few months now and it is solid. I just ordered another for my new Springfield 1911. I had the holster in my hands in about a week and a half from the day I ordered it. The website is Welcome to Crown Holsters! - Crown Holsters

+1 on the Crown Holsters if I were buying one. Also Atomic Dog Holsters or Cane and Derby Holsters. There are really alot of reputable kydex holster companies that would be worth buying, but those are the ones that stick in my head for some reason.

I use a Blade-Tech "Eclipse" for my Glock 19.

I was looking for OWB and Kydex, too. So far, I like it.

VIP Member
    I prefer leather, but I have tried the Crown product. It is good. I can use it as a concealment holster or range holster.

It is well constructed with decent retention. It rides close to the body (on me) but not as tight as my good leather gear.

You can't beat the turn around time. I had mine in around two weeks.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by rbh32 View Post
    +1 on the Crown Holsters if I were buying one. Also Atomic Dog Holsters or Cane and Derby Holsters. There are really alot of reputable kydex holster companies that would be worth buying, but those are the ones that stick in my head for some reason.
    I have no experience with Crown but I bought an Atomic Dog for my daughter's 9c last year. It's a great little holster. If you can convince RBH32 to make them for the M&P, that would be a great choice, too. I'm liking the one I just got for a G17.
    rbh32 likes this.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I am waiting for my Raven right now. I recently heard about Bravo Concealment. Looks exactly like the phantom and wait time of 18-20 days instead of weeks. I am seriously considering ordering till my raven gets here, someone will always but it.

P.S. Welcome Neighbor!

I don't know about OWB but I bought a GREAT kydex holster from PJ Holsters for my LC9.

If you don't mind a used one there's a Phantom & mag carrier for sale on mp -pistol.com. Someone just inquired about buying only the mag carrier.

I don't have a M&Pc to mold, but I would take a Rings Blue Gun in trade for one of mine.

Links