1911 IWB holster

This is a discussion on 1911 IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just don't have the time right now to wait for a VM-II. I will be getting a Custom II stainless Kimber in a week. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: 1911 IWB holster

1911 IWB holster

I just don't have the time right now to wait for a VM-II. I will be getting a Custom II stainless Kimber in a week. I would prefer an IWB holster (1911 is thin enough, which is why I chose it). I have narrowed it down to either an Alessi Watch-6 or an Ritchie Nighthawk. I can get either in a week, as they are sold by vendors. I have owned a couple of Talon Plus holsters, and they are fine. I think the Ritchie Nighthawk is a replica of this. Or I can get a Watch-6. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

I went with a Galco V-Hawk. It allows you to change the leather belt loops for C-clips to make it tuckable. It might be another one for you to think about.

006.JPG
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

If you like the 'minimalist' approach to IWBs, as I do, you can usually find the Milt Sparks Summer Special II in stock for 1911s at Brownells.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

As I mentioned to you on another forum, don't overlook TT Gunleather! If Tim doesn't have one in stock, he can have one from his Occidental Leather line to you in a week or so! I have lots of quality, comfortable Holsters that have served me well..... I would have been more than satisfied with them from now on if I hadn't tried TT Gunleather.....now I'm spoiled.....they are That Good!! Good Luck!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    My almost 5 year old CrossBreed SuperTuck has carried 4 different 1911's & is holding up very well. However the barrels of my 1911's are 4 & 5 inches so they protrude through the pouch.
    What that means is when I'm doing range work and the slide is hot when I reholster I get hot metal touching my bare skin!

So you might give the Galco V-Hawk or Milt Sparks summer special a hard look.

I have MS Summer Special ll Holsters and while they're very well built and comfortable, for me, the loops on top of the holster create too much of a bulge and make it harder to conceal......that's why I've chosen TT Gunleather's Slim IWB and Stronghold Phoenix Holsters for my IWB carry. Like the MS VM ll, the loops are spread out for less bulk and more support of the pistol. I guess it just all depends on your build as to how well certain types of Holsters will conceal.....once again, Good Luck!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

VIP Member
    Depending on your budget I would go for a Wilson Combat Lo-Profile. It’s a pancake style OWB that I feel provides a really close body fit. Not sure who makes them for Wilson, but they appear to be in stock.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    I don't know what your budget is like, but this guy makes the only holsters I use. Thin, light, secure, durable, ergonomic, and lacking in the steel band found in many iwb leather holsters. His wait time ranges from in-stock to months, so give him a shout to see what he has. High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If you like the 'minimalist' approach to IWBs, as I do, you can usually find the Milt Sparks Summer Special II in stock for 1911s at Brownells.
    I agree with gasmitty on the Summer Special II. Classic design and very well executed. I own multiple 1911 holster's including High Noon, Cross Breed, Galco; but the Milt Sparks gets carried with my Combat Elite most often.

sgb
    Of the two you're looking at the Alessi would be my choice
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Links