DeSantis leather owb holster for ruger lcp w/crimson trace (& advise about spouce)

This is a discussion on DeSantis leather owb holster for ruger lcp w/crimson trace (& advise about spouce) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For x-mass last year my wife received a crimson trace laser for her somewhat new ruger lcp. It was a nice gift from my brother ...

Thread: DeSantis leather owb holster for ruger lcp w/crimson trace (& advise about spouce)

DeSantis leather owb holster for ruger lcp w/crimson trace (& advise about spouce)

For x-mass last year my wife received a crimson trace laser for her somewhat new ruger lcp. It was a nice gift from my brother (he also owns an lcp), but the holsters she had purchased for the lcp were unusable now. For some reason, it took her and I a while to order an owb holster (right away she had an iwb and pocket holster for it).

The DeSantis owb holster arrived last week. The only complaint is it is to tight, beyond the need to break in. When the UPS man delivered the holster, my wife was not home. I worked on the holster (bending it, stretching it, etc). It took two hours to get it to the point that the pistol could be holstered. While it is nice to have a good fit, for a holster with a retention strap, it is tight, and should be "really snug" soon to be snug after use.

Other than that, has been a great buy. My wife has started to carry more (as in every day). I know this because the lcp does not sit in a drawer, and every day she sticks her butt in my face and asks if she is printing.

I'm not a big fan of lasers, owb holsters for cc, or for that matter the lcp, but I now have a partner protecting herself and me.

This is how I transitioned my wife from telling me "do you need to take a gun everywhere" to an everyday carry. I told her it was her decision, but I was the youngest side of middle aged, and while not an old man, only to get older. I could use a partner who was concerned for my safety, and for my piece of mind, concerned for their safety. She took ownership of it, and I pass this on.

If you have a husband or wife unwilling to carry, share with them the simple truth, you can live without it, but you would rather have someone help with the responsibility then to have it all on your shoulders. When interest is peaked, don't push a brand, caliber, or carry method (as long as safe). Let it be theirs to own, offer advise when asked, but default to giving as little as possible (other then say safety, for example if you have children, unsecured firearm in the purse overnight). I can't stress enough, make / let them think, make sure they own the decision.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Good deal Thanis. My wife is interested in getting her permit and she wants a Glock 26 to carry.

Though I am no longer in such a relationship, that seems quite good advice!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Good deal Thanis. My wife is interested in getting her permit and she wants a Glock 26 to carry.
    I'm a fan of Glocks (my #1 choice). Just an FYI, prior to my wife's first firearm purchase, came down to renting a Glock 26 Gen 3 and a Walther P99C at the range. I was pulling for the Glock, but the gun bit her pinky several times, and the grip was just a little to large. There was a woman next to us shooting, and she had tape on her pinky, because she had bought a Glock 26 and it was also biting / pinching her pinky. The assumption of my wife and the other woman was their fingers were a little more fleshy and smaller, and were caught between the mag and gun. My wife disliked Glocks until....

Yesterday my wife looked at a G23 (compact) Gen 4. My wife stated, and the guy at the counter confirmed, that the grip of Gen 4 were now a little thinner then Gen 3. I don't know if Gen 4 has caught up to the G26 yet, but just an FYI.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I'm a fan of Glocks (my #1 choice). Just an FYI, prior to my wife's first firearm purchase, came down to renting a Glock 26 Gen 3 and a Walther P99C at the range. I was pulling for the Glock, but the gun bit her pinky several times, and the grip was just a little to large. There was a woman next to us shooting, and she had tape on her pinky, because she had bought a Glock and it was also biting / pinching her pinky. The assumption of my wife and the other woman was their fingers were a little more fleshy and smaller, and were caught between the mag and gun.

Yesterday my wife looked at a G23 (compact) Gen 4. My wife stated, and the guy at the counter confirmed, that the grip of Gen 4 were now a little thinner then Gen 3. I don't know if Gen 4 has caught up to the G26 yet, but just an FYI.
    She loves my Glock 19. When we get her the G26 she wants a pinky extension on the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    She loves my Glock 19. When we get her the G26 she wants a pinky extension on the magazine.
    It was the extention the pinched her. However, everyones hands are different, and just the way people grip. I'm just happy my wife has gotten past the hate for glocks, and is considering G4 versions.
    NRA Member

Links