Wardrobe Carry ???

This is a discussion on Wardrobe Carry ??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The problem i have, is that i cant find the right holster system for any of those guns. i cant take off my jacket when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wardrobe Carry ???

The problem i have, is that i cant find the right holster system for any of those guns.

i cant take off my jacket when it gets hot .

So please any suggestions would be very much appreciated
    I\'ve been limited to a mouse gun (.380) in front pocket carry because I wear a dress shirt, tucked in, with no suit coat. I had tried a good tuckable IWB holster in the past, with no success.

However, I decided to pick up a few sweater vests to see if it would work concealing IWB. I bought them slightly larger than I would have otherwise so that they hang loosely and extend lower, so that if I bend the vest does not ride up and expose the holster.

Now I\'m just using an inespensive IWB holster, carrying my Beretta Cougar .40, with the sweater vest covering and concealing it nicely.

I know others who wear a sweater vest under a suit or sport coat, so that when they take off the coat their IWB is still concealed.

If one of the good IWB rigs mentioned here or elsewhere solves your holster problem, the sweater vest as coverage might be an option.

2. Remove Ads

Bending over

If bending over can be avoided, it is beneficial for the person carrying behind the hip.

When wearing a light cover garment, like a sweater vest, I try to remember to squat rather than bend. This does not present the outline that bending presents.

Concealed Carry

Have you guys considered a FANNY PACK? It actually doesn\'t ride above your butt like the old military ones did, but these are secured with joined zippers (plastic and quiet) which meet at a designated corner. There is a small loop hanging out at that corner. A \"down and away\" tug on that loop will reveal the piece in it\'s holster and allow the start of presentation and NO it\'s not the fastest draw there is, but it is secure and reasonably easy to carry everywhere. I carry a Glock M27 and a Sig P245 this way. Summer in South Florida is no picnic, but it gets extra violent with the onset of the brutal heat and humidity. I\'m ALWAYS armed during summer vacation.

The ever present uniform of the permit holder never let\'s me down either: The Banana Republic Photographers Vest. You ever see one of those on a guy and he\'s not shooting LOTS of pics and I guarantee you he\'s packin'heat. Period.

I carry a Seecamp32

in a Safariland #252 pocket holster. It works fine in suit pants. Its made from heavy leather and works much better than the Uncle Mikes type pocket holster. It take a little while to get used to the weight. I also carry a full size 9mm in a Comp-tac CTAC with c-clips. All you see is a little bit of the clip on the top and a little on the bottom. You do need a heavy belt for this.

Great response from everyone thank you so much for trying to help out a guy in a serious need for the right holster while at work in a suit all day.
    I have no problem with jeans or dockers its just really hard while wearing suit pants and jacket.
    For a while i have thought of maybe buying 3 piece suits with the vest and that would help conceal a holster better , but i am afraid of the weight because as you know suit pant material is really light .
    Thanks again !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links