Wardrobe Carry ???

Wardrobe Carry ???

This is a discussion on Wardrobe Carry ??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all , i hope someone can help me here. I work in a suit all day, summer and winter and of course in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wardrobe Carry ???

Wardrobe Carry ???

Hello all , i hope someone can help me here.
    I work in a suit all day, summer and winter and of course in the summer i take my jacket off once in a while.
    The pistols i have available are

Glock 36 45cal.
    HK p7 M8 9mm
    Seecamp 32 cal
    Wilson CQB 45 cal.
    Smith Wesson titanium 38cal.
    and the most recent to my collection a
    Devel M-39 9mm

The problem i have, is that i cant find the right holster system for any of those guns.
    Seecamp weighs down my dress suit pants everything else has to be in a IWB holster and that means i need a heavy leather belt wich just makes my suit pants look a sandwich and i cant take off my jacket when it gets hot .

So please any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Would it be possible to modify the jackets so that the gun(s) are holstered inside the jacket?

If you need to take it off.. you\'d be OK as long as you didn\'t have to leave it unattended.

Of course presentation might get a little slower that way...

Just a thought. I have heard of jackets designed for that. Just wondering if you could find a way to attach a holster to one of the inside pockets....

JT
    Ankle holster may be a possibility with the Seecamp, or the S&W. Iíve never used one, but some people like them.

For the Seecamp, you also may try one of the holsters that make it look like a wallet in your back pocket. I got a DeSantis one for my Guardian, but I didnít like it much. Maybe a more expensive one would work better. They can be a little heavy in the looser pockets that suits tend to have. The other problem with the wallet holster is what do you do with your real wallet? I always wondered if people would wonder why I had two wallets.

Originally posted by logistar
    Would it be possible to modify the jackets so that the gun(s) are holstered inside the jacket?

If you need to take it off.. you\'d be OK as long as you didn\'t have to leave it unattended.

Of course presentation might get a little slower that way...

Just a thought. I have heard of jackets designed for that. Just wondering if you could find a way to attach a holster to one of the inside pockets....
    That sounds good logistar !
    i wish i could find something like that and what holster would i use ??
    Another question i have , would i be able to use the same holster for all my jackets ?
    Thanks for the quick reply !!

Originally posted by JT
    Ankle holster may be a possibility with the Seecamp, or the S&W. Iíve never used one, but some people like them.

For the Seecamp, you also may try one of the holsters that make it look like a wallet in your back pocket. I got a DeSantis one for my Guardian, but I didnít like it much. Maybe a more expensive one would work better. They can be a little heavy in the looser pockets that suits tend to have. The other problem with the wallet holster is what do you do with your real wallet? I always wondered if people would wonder why I had two wallets.
    Another good option but my suit pants are not that loose for an ankle carry and yes you are right suit pants pockets are very loose and the pants i have the pocket has a button at the rear so that wont work either .
    Thank you for the quick reply!:)

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I wear a suit a lot. My Glock 36 conceals easily in a SmartCarry. It really works for me. I think most of the guns you list would work in a medium-sized SmartCarry, except for the KT and the Wilson (you\'d need a small and a large respectively).

The SmartCarry is a concealed carry belt/pouch that you wear under your pants, on your hips. The gun sits in a pouch in front of your crotch, pointing downward.

No need for a heavy belt (I use braces with my suits, anyway), or dragging down the lines of your garments with heavy weights in the pockets. You can take your jacket off, and no one will be the wiser. It\'s not the fastest draw in the world, but it\'s no slower than from a fanny pack or Bagmaster pistol pack.

SmartCarry is on the web - you might want to check it out. I\'d recommend that you consider spending some time looking at the site and at the extensive commentary from users.

JT
    I use one of these for my Glock 26 with jeans and Dockers. I\'m not sure how well it would work with a suit.

On a side note, for some reason I haven\'t gotten comfortable carrying with one in the chamber with this holster. :o

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=1756&GunID=50

Has anyone used the holster that goes under your shirt i think its made by kramer leather ?
    Its build in to the shirt , how do you think these would work ?

Thanks for all the replies :)

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I think those Kramer undershirt holsters (the \"Confidante\"?) would be extremely slow to draw from. Plus, if you have a black gun under a white shirt, you\'d better not take your suit coat off . . .

Have you looked into a belly band.

Here\'s a link for the Galco
    Galco Belly Band

I use this on a daily basis and It will work for both my XD SC9 and Sig pro 2340.

Defender also makes a nice belly band that I haven\'t had the opportunity to try yet.

This sound perfect for your situation. Lots of support for the handgun. You can adjust the band up/down and 360 around the waist. Presentaion can be pretty fast if you practice. Little issue like using a public bathroom and not have to worry about your weapon falling or showing are nice pluses.

Downside:1-Hard to reholster, but with practice you can become comfortable doing it. 2-PITA if you have to put on and take off alot (see Number 1)

I want to thank everyone for their replies i am so glad i found this SITE !
    Awsome :):)
    I hope you all have great holidays and keep posting to help me make up my mind on wich direction i should go with my suits and carrying .

DC Founder
    Really great responses on this one, there is something here that would probably work for you. I would lean towards the small SmartCarry or a pocket holster.

Do you normally carry a DayTimer or brief case? That\'s another option that seems to be catching on if your situation allows.

CHPBill
    The Galco SkyOps, among many other tuckers, are a good option. Some of the detectives and undercover guys at CHP use these and they hide very well in most cases.

Kahrman
    I have asked for one of those holster sewn into a tshirt thingies for Christmas. If I get it I will let everyone know how it works. Then again I may just get a lump of coal. The only one around home that likes me right now is the dog and you can tell from my avatar he doesn\'t like me that much. :o

Galco Skyops

I highly recommend the Galco Skyops holster. It is a tuckable IWB holster. And unlike most other holster, it uses a special \"Y\" clip instead of those J clips to hold the holster in place.

Normally with the J hooks the weight of the gun is supported by the fabric of the pants, which does not always work and the J clip ends up sagging below the belt making a dead give away you obviously have something there.

With the Galco Skyops, all you see is 3 little tabs. The holster is also very thin and its great quality. I\'ve worn this holster everyday tucked in since ive gotten it, and everyone who i\'ve asked if they realized i had a gun on me say they had no idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links