White Hat Holster Review

White Hat Holster Review

This is a discussion on White Hat Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everybody! I recently just posted my first range review and figured I would post up a holster review. Let me know what you all ...

Thread: White Hat Holster Review

White Hat Holster Review

Hey everybody! I recently just posted my first range review and figured I would post up a holster review. Let me know what you all think and if you got any questions.

Review:

I went on the search for a holster like most people do. I was leaning heavenly towards the Crossbreed Super Tuck. But I have two pistols and didnt want to give $160 for two holsters. I stumbled upon White Hat Holsters. The holster is horsehide and really nice quality. It was $59.99 and only took around two weeks to arrive. Much better than the wait required with many other holster makers. The best part is that you can buy different kydexes for each of your pistols at just $20 a piece. Much cheaper than buying more than one holster. I ordered mine for my Glock 23 and a kydex for my Sig sp2022. The Glock fits perfectly. The only downside is the Sig fit. The gun goes it perfect but the hump for the front site is in the wrong place, making it impossible to get the pistol out without a lot of twisting. Other than that it is an extremely nice holster, well worth the money.

The fact that a kydex is available for a different gun at a cheap price is definitely a plus, IMO. My question re. this gen'l. type of holster is: isn't that a lot of leather against your body in warm weather? Thanks for the post; I just happened upon their site, also.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

thanks for the review, i've been searching for one ever since i ran across their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    The fact that a kydex is available for a different gun at a cheap price is definitely a plus, IMO. My question re. this gen'l. type of holster is: isn't that a lot of leather against your body in warm weather? Thanks for the post; I just happened upon their site, also.
    It is a bit of leather but I've wore it around the house for a while in 85-90 degree weather with no under shirt and was fine. I would say if it bothered you at all, an under shirt would take care of it. Im a big guy and it is comfortable in any conditions. I highly reccomend it.

any issues with the hardware digging into you or is counter sunk into the leather?

VIP Member
    The MTAC from Comp-Tac allows you to change holster bodies and there is no hardware exposed to your skin. The White Hat is less expensive than the MTAC, but current wait time for the MTAC is 3-4 days. I think it's kinda a big deal that you can't get your Sig out easily.

There are numerous companies out there copying Crossbreed and Comp-Tac. It'd be nice if they would come up with something different...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    There are numerous companies out there copying Crossbreed and Comp-Tac. It'd be nice if they would come up with something different...
    Crossbreed is a knock off as well, just wanted to point that out, they are NOT the original maker of that overall design. I believe Tucker Gunleather was.

Anyway, thanks for the review. Nice looking holster that met your needs.

Posted from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    The MTAC from Comp-Tac allows you to change holster bodies and there is no hardware exposed to your skin. The White Hat is less expensive than the MTAC, but current wait time for the MTAC is 3-4 days. I think it's kinda a big deal that you can't get your Sig out easily.

Although the hardware is exposed it is rounded and sits pretty much flush. It in no way causes discomfort. I also emailed them about the Sig kydex and got an extremely fast response. They are sending me a replacement straight out at no cost. Once I again I highly recommend this company.

Quote Originally Posted by jkf74 View Post
    Although the hardware is exposed it is rounded and sits pretty much flush. It in no way causes discomfort. I also emailed them about the Sig kydex and got an extremely fast response. They are sending me a replacement straight out at no cost. Once I again I highly recommend this company.
    any review since then? how is the new sig kydex? I have also heard NOTHING but good things about their service and replacing anything that is not up to par. One of the owners themselves emailed me back within the hour when i had a question on fit and form.

Links