Not so "sticky."

Not so "sticky."

This is a discussion on Not so "sticky." within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tried out my Sticky holster for the first time yesterday with my Tomcat .32acp and found that it would shift positions on my body--- slid ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: Not so "sticky."

Not so "sticky."

Tried out my Sticky holster for the first time yesterday with my Tomcat .32acp and found that it would shift positions on my body--- slid down about 2". Am I doing something wrong? Had on long pants and put the Sticky on my skin and had my shorts over it, pants and a belt and it still moved! Their site has many telling how they did all kinds of movement and it NEVER MOVED! What gives??
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I don't know, I just ordered one of those things due to good reviews, I hope it's all not just hyped up BS. We'll see when it gets here, I'll post a review of my experience with it.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Thanks. I look forward to seeing your comments.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Strange, I wore mine in nothing more than draw-string gym shorts all day while installing flooring and it stayed put. I've had nothing but good experience with Sticky Holsters since I began using them. Most of the time, I don't even put on a belt, just tuck it wherever into the waistband of my jeans and it's good to go.

roalho: I guess I'll just keep trying until I get it right. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    roalho: I guess I'll just keep trying until I get it right. Thanks.
    You can make "Mexican Carry" work, and some people do. That doesn't make it a proper and safe way to carry a gun. I bought a Remora out of curiosity and thinking it might work for driving. It will serve that purpose but even seated while driving it tends to shift from original positioning. You will of course do as you please but my suggestion for a safely carried gun is to use a good belt holster. I don't trust these clipless IWB holsters much more than I trust "Mexican Carry" as an all day carry method.
    Philly Boy likes this.

For "Mexican carry" I prefer the trigger guard kydex jobs, like the MIC from Glocktech and the other from Dale Fricke dont remember the name right now.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

After a number of tries, I am going back to my MIKA made by a retired LEO. PHOOEY on the " against the skin" holsters!

@ Philly Boy...Please e-mail Alan at alan.remora@yahoo.com. We will send you a complementary REMORA holster for your Beretta Tomcat.

Kimberaspen: Actually, I do have a Remora and like it-- just haven't used it very much. Will have to give it another look.thanks for the offer.

x2 for Remora.

My feeling is you need belt loops or SOMETHING to make a holster truly 100% secure. I would not carry without them, period.

My Remora keeps my Kimber ultra very secure with jeans and a belt. It can shift slightly if I am getting up and down alot. I probably wouldn't wear it out and about with sweatpants unless drawstring was very tight this primarily in case I had to run then it may move. Great like that for around the house gun draws clean holster stays put. I would think with a lighter weight gun it would hold nicely in about any clothing.

We are introducing a "tuckable"holster, This holster has a j clip..

Links