Supertuck question

Supertuck question

This is a discussion on Supertuck question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been using a Supertuck for my xdsc 9mm for a year and a half or so with a cheap belt. I sent the holster ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By smolck
  • 1 Post By tcox4freedom

Thread: Supertuck question

Supertuck question

I've been using a Supertuck for my xdsc 9mm for a year and a half or so with a cheap belt. I sent the holster back to Crossbreed recently to have them tighten the retention. I didn't want to risk ruining it by doing it myself. When I got it back form Crossbreed, it didn't feel any tighter than when I sent it. I called and talked to a lady (can't remember her name). She was nice, and told me they had worked on it, and that I needed a gun belt.

I ordered a belt from the Beltman and just got it yesterday. I really like the belt, but my gun still doesn't feel as snug as I'd like. I can't wear the belt any tighter. I'm thinking that Crossbreed possibly made a mistake and sent the holster back to me without tightening it. This is not to criticize Crossbreed. I'm happy with their product and service. I'm just wondering what to do. I could try to tighten the retention myself, or I could send it back to them again. Have any of you dealt with this?

I thought I'd ask you all for input before I call Crossbreed again. Thanks for any feedback.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I cannot see anyway possible that a belt could give you more retention on your pistol any more than getting stale air out of tires would get your car running better. You need to call them.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I guess the question is, how tight does it need to be? Is the gun falling out or something?

A good belt will help hold the weight, and being an IWB I can see how it might snug the gun into your side more, but in the end, the kydex should either fit or not. You can use a hairdryer to heat it up and make it tighter. Very easy to do. But don't get it too tight.
    Guest1 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I cannot see anyway possible that a belt could give you more retention on your pistol any more than getting stale air out of tires would get your car running better. You need to call them.
    As it's an IWB the belt pushes the gun against the leather and as the holster wraps a bit around the body it makes it a little more snug than if it were by itself.

Honestly, I'd do it myself. Follow their instructions on how to do it taking special care when it comes to protecting the parts of the holster you do not want to bend.

Then you can make it as tight as you want, just be cautious, you don't want it to end up being one of those "careful what you wish for, you might just get it" situations and it ends up too tight.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    When I first got my CBST, my gun fit so tight I could turn the holster upside down and the gun would remain snug & wouldn't fall out. When I carried IWB, my gun was to snug. (A couple of times I couldn't even draw it out.) However, I was eventually able to loosen it up.

Unless your firearm rattles & moves around while IWB, you're probably alright. But, if it is to loose, you may just have the wrong holster size. I'm sure you will find Mark, Marty & the "Crossbreed" crew very easy to deal with.

-
    jumpwing likes this.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Mine was too tight when I got it. I followed their instructions on using a hair dryer and the kydex relaxed a bit to what I consider perfect retention. Took me about ten minutes total.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Since my first post, I moved the holster forward from about 4:30 to 3:00 and if fits more snuggly. I guess because my waist is more rounded there as opposed to the flatter spot at 4:30. At 3:00 the leather back conforms to my waist more, bending into the gun and kydex. It is acceptable at 3:00, but I have to wear my belt tighter than I'd like. I'll try 3:00 for a while and see how it goes. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know what happens.

Sponsored Links