Galco FED Holster

Galco FED Holster

This is a discussion on Galco FED Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any experience with the Galco FED padde holster? I'm thinking about getting one for my P228. Specifically looking for how it conceals, ...

Galco FED Holster

Does anyone have any experience with the Galco FED padde holster? I'm thinking about getting one for my P228. Specifically looking for how it conceals, if it remains secured to your waist, and how it will effect the finish of my weapon.
    United States Air Force Security Forces Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran, now a college student.

Secures very well. Have had no trouble at all with Galco paddle holsters. I dont really consider them a good concelament rig. Most paddle holsters arent. I had one for a S&W 3913, which is a smaller gun than your 228 (have one of those too). It did not conceal well with the FED holster. It was a very well made rig and if I had to have a paddle with a thumb break. I woudl certainly look at it. I personally recommend the Kramer MSP paddle holster. Much more concealable if you have to have a Paddle. Or one from FIST holsters.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Galco is top notch stuff. But the Galco Paddle Lite is a better "concealable" holster. Higher ride. But as jwhite said, no paddle holster is all that concealable.

Galco FED

I had one for a 1911 and it didn't hold up well. The tension screws broke after minimal use in the first year. I've had a couple of other Galco holsters that were decent, but not exceptional compared ot all the other choices out there. I love the Garrett Silent Thunder most. I use them both IWB and OWB for two different pistols. I've also had some nice Wild Bill's leather holsters as well as Kramer speed scabbard. Would recommend all of these over the Galco.

Links