Nice Leather CCW Jacket????

This is a discussion on Nice Leather CCW Jacket???? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at the various winter jackets available and not finding anything I like. I'm not a fashion rack but I don't want to look like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nice Leather CCW Jacket????

Looking at the various winter jackets available and not finding anything I like. I'm not a fashion rack but I don't want to look like a cop or paramilitary member.

I'm looking for a decent quality leather jacket with inner holster pockets to go with business casual or even slacks and a tie. A simplified bomber or a 3/4.

Any sources?
    "Give a man a fishk, an' 'e'll eat fer a day. Teachk 'im ta fight, an' 'e'll feast on da meaty marrow of hisk foes fer a lifetime!"
    - Coxswain Ulrich

Senior Moderator
    Why not just use a normal leather jacket, with your normal belt holster?

I generally don't trust any "built-in, one size fits all" holsters for my actual carry use.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Why not just use a normal leather jacket, with your normal belt holster?

I generally don't trust any "built-in, one size fits all" holsters for my actual carry use.
    Agreed. I'm looking for a jacket that will take a slide in Velcro holster.

I have an older bomber with an inside pocket that was perfect for my old 9mm, but the jacket is just plain worn out. I got very comfortable with it.

There are a bunch of fabric or synthetic jackets that do what I want, but they just don't work with my daily attire.
    "Give a man a fishk, an' 'e'll eat fer a day. Teachk 'im ta fight, an' 'e'll feast on da meaty marrow of hisk foes fer a lifetime!"
    - Coxswain Ulrich

Why not buy the jacket you want and take it to a tailor and have a pocket sewn into the lining?

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaDX View Post
    Why not buy the jacket you want and take it to a tailor and have a pocket sewn into the lining?
    That would require me to think outside the box

Hmmmm. I'll have to give that some thought. Find a tailor in Milwaukee who I am willing to allow to hold onto the pistol for fitment.

The other issue is that the tactical jackets have easy pockets that can be opened without unzipping the jacket but are not visible.
    - Coxswain Ulrich

Senior Moderator
    What kind of pistol are you trying to conceal in this jacket?

Pretty much every winter coat I own can have a j-frame in a pocket holster in the front pocket with absolutely no issue. And then I can have my hand on my gun just by putting it in the pocket.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    What kind of pistol are you trying to conceal in this jacket?

Pretty much every winter coat I own can have a j-frame in a pocket holster in the front pocket with absolutely no issue. And then I can have my hand on my gun just by putting it in the pocket.
    Kahr CW45 with standard clip
    - Coxswain Ulrich

Senior Moderator
    I'd stick with the regular jacket and maintain a quality holster.
    I think you'll find that drawing from a vest or jacket inner pocket may not be as easy as one would think.
    When you arrive at a destination and wish to peel off the jacket...now what?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'd stick with the regular jacket and maintain a quality holster.
    I think you'll find that drawing from a vest or jacket inner pocket may not be as easy as one would think.
    When you arrive at a destination and wish to peel off the jacket...now what?
    You have hit the nail on the head with the destination comment. I am so accustomed to being in a state where you can't carry at all that my tendencies still run to solutions in which there is a ZERO chance of accidental exposure of the weapon.

The inner jacket pocket meant that you had to actually press on my chest to find the gun. Even with IWB you get an occasional print or exposure when you stretch or twist just so. I suppose I need to rethink the whole subject now that I live in a state with a permit.
    - Coxswain Ulrich

Administrator
    This is a really nice piece of concealed carry leather avail from SIG. $239.00

SIG SAUER® Leather Concealed Carry Coat

Check out http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/...FUqW7QodpFeE6g Sportsmenguide.com[/url] and type in conceal in the the search bracket. I just purchased a ccw vest from them. Here is a link for a leather CCW coat from Sportsmen Guide.

Blue Stone Ma - 1 Jacket, Black, Holsters, Blue Stone Safety at Sportsman's Guide

Another choice is Coronado Leather but they are a little on the high side. Quality leather though...

VIP Member
    As nice as it seems I often find myself stowing the jacket when indoors at most any venue. I prefer a quality leather holster.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Why not lose the jacket and carry a European hand bag (purse) <shrug>I don't know....works for me. LOL!

VIP Member
    Its that time of year, regular jacket with a Cross Breed Holster-Super tuck. IWB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links