Raven holsters getting fast

This is a discussion on Raven holsters getting fast within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got shipping notice...11 weeks total. Web site says 16 weeks....Rule #1 of customer service;Under promise-over deliver. I am happy....

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By The Fish
  • 1 Post By The Fish
  • 2 Post By RCSMichael
  • 1 Post By lordhamster

Thread: Raven holsters getting fast

Raven holsters getting fast

Just got shipping notice...11 weeks total.
    Web site says 16 weeks....Rule #1 of customer service;Under promise-over deliver.
    I am happy.
    Guest1 likes this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

2. Remove Ads

The one I got last month took every bit of the time they projected. Sounds great you are getting yours a month ahead of time!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The one I got last month took every bit of the time they projected. Sounds great you are getting yours a month ahead of time!
    I guess delivery speed is directly proportional to good looks.
    Guest1 likes this.

Talking

Holster arrived Fri. 10/7. Looks and works great.
    Retention SEEMS a bit too tight but I'll have to see after I wear it for a while.I know there was a recent thread about it being too loose...different strokes etc.
    Had to make a small alteration; My mag release is on the trigger finger side and the top edge of the holster kept hitting it and dropping the mag. I just cut of a tiny bit then smoothed (with an emery board).

I ordered on the 10th of August and was expecting 18 weeks. I just got my shipping notification yesterday. Not even a full 8 weeks. I should have it Monday or Tuesday so I guess it will be 8 weeks almost on the nose from order to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
    I ordered on the 10th of August and was expecting 18 weeks. I just got my shipping notification yesterday. Not even a full 8 weeks. I should have it Monday or Tuesday so I guess it will be 8 weeks almost on the nose from order to my door.
    Hopefully mine comes in around that time frame!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Spoke to Raven today re fact that the OWB mode printed under an untucked t-shirt.
    I asked if the pancake accessory would fix this and they are sending one N/C !!!

The pancake accessory worked great and appreciably improved concealment.
    Mounted it on the belt side of the holster but with the offset away from the belt.
    I'm absolutely sold on this product.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've made several kydex holsters and it takes me about 4 hours using handtools only. Don't know why it would take 11 weeks, much less 18. I would think a decent garage production line could crank them out. And kydex material is cheap, so what makes them costs so much?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've made several kydex holsters and it takes me about 4 hours using handtools only. Don't know why it would take 11 weeks, much less 18. I would think a decent garage production line could crank them out. And kydex material is cheap, so what makes them costs so much?
    I would imagine that it's not how much time to make 1 holster @4 hours but how much time to make thousands @4 hours each.

As for price;there's labor,overhead, taxes and of course PROFIT.

I love their stuff, but the way they run their order fulfillment rate borders on glacial.

They now advertise on the site that holsters for popular guns like G19/23 take only 6 weeks to ship. Seriously, if it is a super-popular gun, they while you have the mould out why not just friggin' make 20, 30, 50?

Raven's slow shipping has opened up plenty of space for lots of copy-cats. Same problem with Crossbreed, although they aren't quite as bad.

I'd love a Raven holster and would even pay a 50% premium, but I'm not waiting that long.
    Last edited by lordhamster; October 27th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    I love their stuff, but the way they run their order fulfillment borders on idiotic.

They now advertise on the site that holsters for popular guns like G19/23 take only 6 weeks to ship. Seriously, if it is a super-popular gun, they while you have the mould out why not just friggin' make 20, 30, 50?

Raven's slow shipping has opened up plenty of space for lots of copy-cats. Same problem with Crossbreed, although they aren't quite as bad.

I'd love a Raven holster and would even pay a 50% premium, but I'm not waiting that long.
    lordhamster-

The reason the wait times are what they are is because we are popular. We are popular because we invented an extremely innovative holster, we produce them with exceptional quality, and we back them up with the best warranty in the industry.

We are backlogged because of demand, not because of "idiotic" production. It's not like we're just sitting around on beanbag chairs watching Judge Judy and procrastinating about making holsters. We fulfill a tremendous volume of orders for retail customers, while simultaneously serving a startlingly large demand from military and government agency purchasing (both U.S.A. and friendly foreign nations).

I've more than doubled the size of our production staff over the past 12 months, and have invested well over $250,000 in improved tooling and automation to increase our production capacity and overall product quality. We are continuing this growth and investment still. Some of that investment is what enabled us to offer 6-week or less lead-times on selected Glock model holsters - and now I have people complaining that we "only" cut twelve weeks off the wait time on those holsters.

For us, scaling up is not as simple as just bringing in another "Acme Holster-Making Machine" and plugging it in next to the other 10 in the shop. Holster production for the clients we serve requires us to hire good people and train them extensively. These are skilled positions.

Just remember this: We have had a backlog of orders for almost four straight years. And as fast as I have added manpower, added automation, and increased productivity, the demand has always grown faster. But in spite of the long wait to get our products, people continue to line up and place their order. Why? Because we make the best gear out there, and we take care of our customers.

There's nothing idiotic about that.
    AZ Hawk and The Fish like this.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

M.G.; Welcome to the forum.
    And.. if you have an opinion,don't beat around the bush...just come out and say it.

I stand corrected. :)

I do realize that the custom jobs of course take time, I just assumed that one could take better advantage of mass production on those items which are the most common ex. perhaps the standard Glock models.

I love the fact you now offer the 6 week quick ship models and actually have one on order. I've got a Raven for every model firearm I own, including my Kahr PM9. Quality wise you guys are second to none. Maybe I'm just too impatient. :)

Just my 2 cents, myself and others I'm sure would be willing to pay a sizable premium for expedited service. Perhaps a "first-class" option would be something you guys might consider? :)

PS. Edited my post to make it a bit less offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    lordhamster-

The reason the wait times are what they are is because we are popular. We are popular because we invented an extremely innovative holster, we produce them with exceptional quality, and we back them up with the best warranty in the industry.

We are backlogged because of demand, not because of "idiotic" production. It's not like we're just sitting around on beanbag chairs watching Judge Judy and procrastinating about making holsters. We fulfill a tremendous volume of orders for retail customers, while simultaneously serving a startlingly large demand from military and government agency purchasing (both U.S.A. and friendly foreign nations).

I've more than doubled the size of our production staff over the past 12 months, and have invested well over $250,000 in improved tooling and automation to increase our production capacity and overall product quality. We are continuing this growth and investment still. Some of that investment is what enabled us to offer 6-week or less lead-times on selected Glock model holsters - and now I have people complaining that we "only" cut twelve weeks off the wait time on those holsters.

For us, scaling up is not as simple as just bringing in another "Acme Holster-Making Machine" and plugging it in next to the other 10 in the shop. Holster production for the clients we serve requires us to hire good people and train them extensively. These are skilled positions.

Just remember this: We have had a backlog of orders for almost four straight years. And as fast as I have added manpower, added automation, and increased productivity, the demand has always grown faster. But in spite of the long wait to get our products, people continue to line up and place their order. Why? Because we make the best gear out there, and we take care of our customers.

There's nothing idiotic about that.
    gibbygoo likes this.

Links