Sneaky Pete Holsters - Page 2

Sneaky Pete Holsters

This is a discussion on Sneaky Pete Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thunder71 This forum is about defensive carry. And you are in the sub forum entitled Defensive carry holsters and carry options. You ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sneaky Pete Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    This forum is about defensive carry.
    And you are in the sub forum entitled Defensive carry holsters and carry options. You showed us something new, I said I like the tried and true method of leather holsters. I wasn't knocking you or this product.

Now boys, be kind to one another!It's an interesting concept and, as one who has a fanny pack from my LGS (never used, by the way;at least not yet), I think it could be used in a number of situations where a "regular" holster would not be the best option. And isn't this what most of us want re. our carry weapons :options!? Just MHO.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I think this guy is on to something outside the box. I`d like to see the concept expanded to include other pistol options. Great idea though!.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    I`d like to see the concept expanded to include other pistol options. Great idea though!.
    I think one large enough for a full size 1911 would look plain ridiculous strapped to your hip.

It might be a good option for vacation carry, or if you're not around people you know and see all the time, but friends and regulars are likely to ask about it, particularly when you produce a phone from elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    I think this guy is on to something outside the box. I`d like to see the concept expanded to include other pistol options. Great idea though!.
    I always like to see "out of the box" thinking. I think it is a cool idea. Not for everybody but,...
    Momma always said "If you are not thinking out of the box, you're just old".
    Philly Boy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

I use the sneakypeteholster for my Sig P238. Mike the owner/designer is a nice guy with a really good product. The case is leather inside and out, it shows no printing and at least for the P238 size (which also is the size for the Taurus TCP, Kel-tec and Kahr 380's) it's not much bigger than my iphone. The Ruger LCP case is even smaller. The quality is excellent and no one has even given it a second look when I wear it.
    stancehold likes this.

Oddly enough if I ever become a rap singer my stage name is going to be "Stinky Pete"....but I digress.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I'm always looking for new ideas but I still stick with the IWB crossbreed but will have a concealed carry undershirt from undertech this week any body used them before...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    bought the shirt for a trip to colorado for a Motorcycle convention...8 hours driving in a car gets uncomfortable with IWB holster and hard to draw from in car...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I work in an office environment and still snicker every time I see a cell phone holster. IMO, they never look good. YMMV...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I ran across the Sneaky Pete site earlier tonight, so I started looking for reviews. I didn't really get any here, other than the magnets might cause the gun to pop out during a struggle. I was looking for that type of feedback, so thanks. What about the other holster mentioned - anyone got a web address for Buck-Pocket prototype mentioned by Eaglebeak?

I think it is a cool idea, but I don't think it will work that great with the guns they are making it for. With the way it sits on the belt, I think a p3AT or LCP will be the upper limit of what might be practical in terms of size, and more importantly weight. I think this type of thing would be perfect for a NAA mini.

flydoc,
    Good info.... Thanks. The P238 is why I'm looking.
    Last edited by Ron7624; June 25th, 2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: to clarify who I was replying to...

Sneaky Pete Holsters.

I'm very impressed with this concept and quality look about them. However,they seem to be quite set in their ways and not very accmodating. I wrote that I wanted a belt loop carry for my Glock 26, but it seemed there was no way to custom order one to allow for the Pierce Extended grip magazine add on. they only make the holster for the standard magazine. when I asked what similar type holster should I purchase for a similar width and length firearm they only replied they sell for specific guys only.I thought perhaps by ordering a holster for similar demensions only for a firearm with the added grip height to accmodate my Glock 26 with the extended magazine they would help me out. Anyone know what similar firearm to the Glock 26 which is 1. 5 " wide and 6'54" long but might have a longer grip height.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links