Sneaky Pete Holsters

This is a discussion on Sneaky Pete Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone heard of them or used one before, interesting concept that seems to cover the necessities quite well. Sneaky Pete Holsters...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Sneaky Pete Holsters

Sneaky Pete Holsters

Has anyone heard of them or used one before, interesting concept that seems to cover the necessities quite well.
    Sneaky Pete Holsters

2. Remove Ads

It's much like the Buck-Pocket prototype I'm using except the B-P is much thicker leather so it doesn't "print" the sight, hammer or barrel, uses a more positive (but easy to open) velcro-type flap fastener that won't accidently get popped open for an accidental "flash" like less secure magnet fasteners will do (or pop open during a scuffle to lose your piece), has easy-open flaps over the pistol (under the main flap) for better concealment, and is detachable from the belt loop for quick removal (and more comfort) while driving and confined by a seatbelt. Still, the concealed "external carry" of any type is a lot more convenient and considerably more comfortable for long-term wearing in any body position or activity without having to get different size clothing and still having a "bulge".

There's another version with a clip instead of belt loop as well.

VIP Member
    Interesting. It's obviously designed to look like it holds a phone, pda or camera, but it still invites the question "what's that?"
    candalos likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Answers to questions don't always have to be truthful though...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Answers to questions don't always have to be truthful though...
    I'd rather stay concealed and not have the conversation.
    candalos, OD*, oneshot and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I kind of like the idea actually.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Interesting. It's obviously designed to look like it holds a phone, pda or camera, but it still invites the question "what's that?"
    A clip-on version of a man purse??
    Devilsclaw and mdmorgan like this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Everyone's going to expect to see the latest electronic "thing"...or wonder...Not for me..concealed its not...but it might work pretty good in a purse/backpack...Which has always been the RN wife's carry issue...can't wear/carry in ICU/OR whatever, so your FA is in your bag/locker, and your liability is a co-worker discovering/revealing inadvertantly...gonna show her this, I put the link in a folder for reference...thanks

I simply reply "if you must know" it's a more manly looking carry-all than a sissy fanny-pack for all the things a guy my age needs like my folding "Leatherman" all purpose tool, asthma inhaler, small tube of Preparation-H, folded length of toilet paper, and a change of underwear - they quickly lose all interest in seeing the contents :)
    Snub44, Philly Boy and Devilsclaw like this.

People have been carrying concealed with good old leather holsters for many years before anyone knew what a PDA was. I'll stick with tried and true.
    mdmorgan and OD* like this.

Do you only own rocks and spears? Because they were tried and true long before firearms.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

With a sports jacket or something, I could see it being ok. I guess you could run a piece of small plastic tubing out of it, into your shirt. Everyone would think it was some kind of medical drain or "bag" or something that they sure wouldn't ask you about! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Do you only own rocks and spears? Because they were tried and true long before firearms.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Your comment isn't really valid. I was comparing different methods of carry (what this forum is about) not stone age vs. modern age weapons.
    OD* likes this.

This forum is about defensive carry.

Your comment didn't make any sense either... without new ideas we wouldn't be where we are today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links