New Hays Holster for my SP101

This is a discussion on New Hays Holster for my SP101 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After wearing and testing for a few weeks, I've decided it's time to post another review of a Hays Holster. This holster was made for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cdknox

Thread: New Hays Holster for my SP101

After wearing and testing for a few weeks, I've decided it's time to post another review of a Hays Holster. This holster was made for my SP101 and is of the "Avenger" style. One of the differences between this holster and other Avenger style holsters is that on this particular holster, it does not have the extra leather around the mouth. This helps to cut down on the bulk of the holster while still providing one handed re-holstering, while still perfectly holding it's shape. I really love this feature. The front belt loop also extends past the front of the holster, and really helps to draw the gun in tight. While it may not draw quite as tight as a pancake, I haven't had any trouble concealing under just a normal shirt. The comfort is also great and I am able to wear this at more of the 2:30 - 3:00 position, something I am not able to do with standard pancake holsters. Again, another fantastic holster from Jeff and I expect it will provide many years of use. And now for some pictures.

Notice the tab front belt loop and how it extends out.

Thanks again Jeff. I highly recommend this holster as well as any of the other holsters that Jeff offers.
    Philly Boy likes this.

You simply CAN'T GO WRONG with a Hays Holster--- PERIOD. Nice pics, too. My SP101 feels just as snug in my "HH" as yours does, I betcha.!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Very nice holster. I have one of Jeffs belts. He does dang good work. Not to get off topic, but how do you like the Crimson Trace? Is there a noticeable difference concealing the larger grip?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Very nice holster. I have one of Jeffs belts. He does dang good work. Not to get off topic, but how do you like the Crimson Trace? Is there a noticeable difference concealing the larger grip?
    I love the CT grip. I don't find it much larger than the standard and find it just as easy to conceal.

sgb
    Very nice
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I love my Hays pancake for my LCR. Very comfy. I wore it all weekend while taking down a few trees on my property and closing my pool. Conceals well even under just a t-shirt. I will be ordering a belt from him soon.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links