Glock 23 Holster

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hate experimenting with holsters. Would like one that goes on and off easily and holds the gun tight to my body. Any Suggestions!!! I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 23 Holster

Glock 23 Holster

I hate experimenting with holsters. Would like one that goes on and off easily and holds the gun tight to my body. Any Suggestions!!! I think this gun is too big for IWB, thats what my PM9 is for.

I got a Leredo Defender for my Kahr PM9 and really like that....might just go with that one if nobody has any better ideas. Thanks
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A couple places to look at custom holsters are:

http://www.delfatti.com/

http://www.miltsparks.com/

There are of course others. For a OWB holster I really like the Galco Combat Master.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG1.asp

Hope that give you some ideas!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I'm quite fond of the Laredo Defender for OWB carry.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Lead Moderator
    For easy on/ off in a kydex , look at rhe Blackhawk Serpa holsters. I find the paddle holds my 1911 tight to the body.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well the dilema you face isnt that the gun is too large for IWB carry..its actually about the perfect balance of size/capacity/shootability etc...
    The real problem is looking at all of the holsters that you will find for the Glock 19/23....I think everyone makes everything for it. Pick a couple of the better makers and see what you like and dont. Go from there.
    God bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I carry my G23 on a Safariland Model 328. Its real comfortable. One note - if you plan on installing Lasergrips on your Glock, forget about the thumbstrap models from Safariland.

http://www.holsters.com/concealment/holsters/index.asp

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    The Glock is carried by many with no problem at all. They should have named it Block instead. That square look throws off a few people. The slide is not a lot thicker than a lot of guns that are carried every day. The grip is not much more than most double stacks out there. It's just got a face that only a mother could love. And I do have one.

I have Glock 23 and after having several cheep holsters I finally got a Milt Sparks Vera Max II. Well worth the want! Also I was able to get a costume made gun belt with a piece of spring steel sewn into it for approximately $55. Check out A.E. Nelson Leather Company in Scio, Oregon. http://www.nelsonleather.com. Best price I found on belts anywhere. A good belt from this company starts at around $35.00. Also check out rigrate.com for holster ratings.
    Last edited by Chuck; August 12th, 2006 at 09:15 AM.

Simple but effective - Galco JAK slide

I have a Glock 23 and several holsters that fit it. You said you want something outside the waistband that goes on and off easily and holds the gun tight against your side. The holster I have for the G23 that best fits this spec is the Galco JAK slide, a minimal holster in which the belt goes over the gun, rather than under it. The net effect is that the belt exerts significant force to press the gun against your side, so it is similar to IWB carry in this regard. But the gun is outside your waistband so you don't have the possible discomfort of IWB carry.

When you take the gun out of the holster, it becomes almost invisible on your belt (assuming you have a black belt and black JAK slide), and the holster is not really recognizeable as a gun holster. You do need to let out your belt a notch to allow for the thickness of the gun under it. And one handed re-holstering is not easy, as the holster mouth will collapse once the gun is gone.

Dang Pogo, the Glock sure looks like a 1911!

I vote for the Laredo Defender by K & D Holsters - because you said easy on/easy off. If not I would recommend the Eagle Defender by K & D.

I guess it depends on what you mean by easy on/off. If you don't mind undoing the belt to get it off, the Don Hume JIT Slide looks pretty good, I'm planning to get one of these myself... I have a DH IWB (715-M SOOT) which I love, it's very well made and the price is great (purchased from Gunner's Alley).

OTOH, I do not find Glocks to be problematic for IWB. I enjoy carrying my G26 and have no problems IWB with my DH 715-M I mentioned above, or in the Comp-Tac C-TAC I just got. The 26 is the same width as the 23. I have never tried carrying a 19/23, but I expect if I did, I might have a bit of a problem with the height due to the longer grip area, but the width wouldn't be an issue.

Glocking a 1911

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan
    Dang Pogo, the Glock sure looks like a 1911!
    You're right about the gun. I lifted the picture of the JAK slide from the Galco website, and they only show their product with a 1911. But the holster works real well with a Glock, as I can attest personally.

Thumbs up

I really like kydex for Glocks. For OWB, I'd suggest the Sidearmor Modular http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalo...ers_page_1.htm CompTac's Ctac is another that looks good, but I haven't used one.

For IWB, Blade Tech's Fitsall has worked pretty well for me since about '91.

The G23 is a great little CCW pistol for general purpose.

John

Northern CA

"Life brings us joys and sorrows alike, it is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true measure of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

If you decide to reconsider and go IWB, may I recommend the Milt Sparks "Watch Six". I just got mine two days ago and find it to be thin (a key criteria with me for the Glock 26) and comfortable.

At $65 it was an exceptional value, but be prepared for a 4-5 month wait if you order.

Were I going OWB, I'd like to get that K&D Eagle Defender complete with the embossed eagle on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links