Crossbreed holsters

Crossbreed holsters

This is a discussion on Crossbreed holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a Crossbreed supertuck holster today. I have not seen one but decided by seeing several demos on YouTube and other user reviews. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed holsters

Crossbreed holsters

I just ordered a Crossbreed supertuck holster today. I have not seen one but decided by seeing several demos on YouTube and other user reviews. Any comments?

I use mine everyday with no problem at all.

Use mine everyday unless I OC the 1911. I use the FNP model to carry my FNX-9, I dont really use the tuckable feature on it often but have and its good.

Comfortable once you find "that" spot which for me is 3:30.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Had mne for a week and sold it, way too much bulk and too much effort putting it on and taking it off in my opinion. For me, there are better options out there, but they seem to work for some people.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Carry an HK P2000SK daily in one and never had a second thought about it. Everyone who seen mine like the retention as well as how they fit. As mentioned the removal is something to deal with. I just remove and safe (car safe or bitter half, sorry "better half") the weapon if I go somewhere I can't carry, i.e., post office, etc. Courthouse is about the only place I remove the holster.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Great starting point if its a first. Very comfortable. Very adjustable. Im not crazy about the retention and cant seem to get it right on my mini tuck with a hair dryer. I love my Brommeland Max Con V's, but I'd use a supertuck if need be. THats the main reason I have the mini tuck for my PM9 should I have the need to tuck. Recently bought an MTAC, I wore it for a bit, and then let my Dad use it for a couple days (he uses a supertuck) and he preferred his supertuck. You made a good choice.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

It made my pants shrink!
    Quote Originally Posted by roadapplemax View Post
    I just ordered a Crossbreed supertuck holster today. I have not seen one but decided by seeing several demos on YouTube and other user reviews. Any comments?
    joker1 and bwalker25 like this.

I absolutely love my CBST and minituck.

I have a Crossbreed myself and it's the only holster I use. As for retention, I'm actually about to take a blow dryer to mine to loosen the kydex. The retention is actually getting a little too strong now that the leather has really molded to the shape of the gun. I also had to recently punch a hole in the leather where the mag release is because it was releasing the mag occasionally. I punched the hole and took a scalpel to the edge to smooth it out so nothing catches. No problems since then.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    One person's dream gear is another's POS. I found the CBST to be poorly-shaped for my frame, hot against my skin, chafing, and impossible to drive with. The clips make it too hard to put on and take off. I have been wearing Brommeland Max-Con V's for awhile now, and I doubt if I will ever regularly wear anything else.

I have a MiniTuck that is my primary every day holster. I have a couple of others that I use in specific situations, though.

Works for me; not for others. That's why there is more than one holster maker - to make everyone happy.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I have a Crossbreed myself and it's the only holster I use. As for retention, I'm actually about to take a blow dryer to mine to loosen the kydex. The retention is actually getting a little too strong now that the leather has really molded to the shape of the gun. I also had to recently punch a hole in the leather where the mag release is because it was releasing the mag occasionally. I punched the hole and took a scalpel to the edge to smooth it out so nothing catches. No problems since then.
    I had the same mag release problem. I emailed the manufacturer, and they suggested lightly wetting the back of leather where the mag release makes contact, then on the front of the leather, use something rounded (like the handle of a screw driver) to reshape the leather, creating a dimple where the mag release is. This was easy and worked great after a couple of attempts.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Pretty mixed reviews so far; I got the QwikClip and never made friends with it. I passed on the Supertuck as it seemed to have just too much hardware and found that the single clip of the QwikClip was not enough. Sent it back to have it molded for a smaller gun and still not happy: kept dropping down due to the single point of support and also just too bulky overall.

Hope you'll be happy with yours; bought mine due to the overwhelming positive reviews and, by far, most folks love the holster. Just wasn't for me. I've given up on IWB carry unless it's a Remora for just a quick trip.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    For those who don't care for the Crossbreed holsters, try the Silent Thunder - I personally love it, and the leather lined Kydex is amazing.

Love my CBST. I had the kydex break (probably due to wearing the holster empty for a multiple periods of 3 hours without loosening my belt) sent it on Monday received it that Friday with new kydex, clips, and hardware, no charge. Excellent warranty and customer service. I do not tuck with it but nice to know that I can. I don't know what kind of retention problems people are having, mine's not super tight but not loose either. I did have to learn to walk on my feet again. I bought this holster and the Crossbreed belt (a good belt is VERY important) to go with the first gun I bought for concealed carry (GLOCK 19). I avoided the box-full-o-holsters syndrome that most people get into. In fact the only other holster I have that fits my GLOCK is the GLOCK sport/combat holster, less than $15.00. But it doesn't get much use. I don't have magazine release issues (my GLOCK has the stock magazine release) and I wear an undershirt. I opted for the horsehide and the combat cut and highly recommend both.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links