LCR Holster suggestions

This is a discussion on LCR Holster suggestions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wouls someone like to recommend a good OWB holster for the Ruger LCR? Also, what is your favorite pocket holster for this revolver? Thanks in ...

Thread: LCR Holster suggestions

LCR Holster suggestions

Wouls someone like to recommend a good OWB holster for the Ruger LCR? Also, what is your favorite pocket holster for this revolver?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    I like Galco's SG300b "Stinger."

I don't have a LCR, but a Colt Agent, holsters for those are hard to find, so I tried the Stinger, fit is pretty good with the Colt, it would be perfect with an LCR. It's a great minimalist holster, I'm tried of all the holsters made with an excess of leather meant to be used with small framed handguns, the Stinger fit the bill perfectly for me. Now, if Galco would just offer the Stinger for the Dick Special family of revolvers.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I've tried 2 different OWB holsters for use with my LCR, the Simply Rugged Silver Dollar and the Gould & Goodrich B891-LCR. Of the two I favor the Gould & Goodrich for the better fit. Also it's a straight drop which works best for me with the LCR carried strong side. As for pocket carry, I don't use the LCR for that.

eb
    I use a Tagua Quick Draw slide holster for mine. The quality is pretty good, it works great, and was cheap. I actually have 3 of these holsters for various guns and they are my favorite OWB variety...

Tagua Quick Draw

Hays holsters. Jeff is a member here too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

For a pocket holster, I have a Grandfather Oak kydex that was originally made for a Taurus 605. It works just as well for the LCR.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I just acquired the Desantis Nemesis and wore the holster all day. Very comfortable in the right type of clothing.

I also grabbed a Blackhawk pocket holster, Size 4. Another excellent holster for me.

If my shirt is untucked, I'll wear it in a Shielded Holster made for a Ruger SP101. It fits perfectly.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Look at the Remora no clip holster. It fits perfectly in the pocket and use the same holster IWB. It has replaced all my other holsters except for my OWB Aholster. The fact that it does not ride on the belt keeps my pants from sagging.

I make a very concealable owb for the lcr. Check out my site for pics of my work.

www.natescustomholsters.com

Thanks,
    Nate

Sent from Nates Droid X

Links