My Remora arrived today

This is a discussion on My Remora arrived today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ordered on the 7th of October, arrived. One week delivery is awesome, thanks Alan. I purchased the RTF ART SS for the XDM40 3.8, and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 1 Post By Kimberaspen

Thread: My Remora arrived today

My Remora arrived today

Ordered on the 7th of October, arrived. One week delivery is awesome, thanks Alan.

I purchased the RTF ART SS for the XDM40 3.8, and the double mag holder. I will attach two photos showing what I'm carrying when I get to my PC. I will repost soon with my thoughts after carrying with it for some time. I will say on initial review, it's quality built, and comfortable to wear with a pair of cargo shorts. My wife is waiting to see if I like it so she can order one...well, after we buy her a new CC that is!
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up for Remora.

Good choice I wear a ART Remora to carry my Walther P99. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, I carry with it everyday. Remora is on facebook if you want to post pics.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Justified and marcclarke like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I've been using my Remora with my Glock 23 or my .357 (fits both fine) quite a bit lately as I've actually had to tuck in my shirt and wear a tie. It is an amazing little holster, and I've zero problems in (empty chamber) practice clearing my shirt and drawing. I prefer it to tuck tabs, belt loops, or visible clips. Plus, I can carry deep cover right where I expect it to be: 3pm. A pic to keep it real.....

I have been carrying a G26 in a #6 ART Remora for the past few months.
    Loved it during summertime where it disappeared underneath an untucked t-shirt and shorts.
    Love it now that fall is coming. Underneath a fleece or sweatshirt.
    I am looking at other IWB options. Hybrids with a stout gunbelt.
    Have looked at CBST, Comp-Tac, Tommy Theis, Garrett, etc.
    $50-100. Plus the cost of a good belt. $60.00
    However, I am not convinced that the money spent will result in a better carry experience.
    For now, the Remora is a great solution for the $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by dudester View Post
    Thumbs up for Remora.
    +1

Ordered one for my Walther PPS with SS/ RTF and it is more comfortable than any other IWB I have. Also have and extra Mag in a separate mag pouch. They work great!
    Last edited by true grit; October 16th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Remora FTW! I have one for my Ruger P95.

I wonder how a remora mag holster would work for carrying OC spray? I'm not real fond of pocket carry for my OC because it takes too long to draw it.

a small canister of OC spray fits perfectly in one of REMORA'S mag holders..also a small knife or flashlight!
    BioGLoCK23 likes this.

Just felt the need to post this:

I know Remora is well known for their customer service but...

WOW. I actually did have a small issue with one of their holsters. My issue was not due to quality, fit, or anything of the sort. I emailed a question via their website, and I was truly amazed by the response. I am confident that I have never had better customer service than what I have received from them.

I find the Remora holster interesting and with some utility, but for most daily carry I like a standard inside the waistband holster with a belt loop(s). I do not find the retention of the gun in the holster up to the standards of a good leather or kydex holster molded to a specific pistol. The retention of the holster itself seems ok, but I did not test it very long. And it is going to drop for sure when you drop your pants. So does a standard holster, but it stays attached to belt so you have a lot more control. And a standard holster is immediately in position when you pull up your pants.

However, pros are one holster fits a number of pistols and you can put holster in deep, which with some pistols and covering garments really helps concealment. And the company is great to deal with. So while I am not a big fan, I am not sorry I bought it, as it has some utility for me and the price was very reasonable and service excellent.

As they say "your mileage may vary."

My Remora is my favorite holster. I carry a Kimber UCII and the Remora works with no matter how I am dressed, whether it is jeans and t-shirt or dress pants and polo. I can wear it all day and most of the time even my wife does not know I have it on until I take my clothes off for the night.

I received my new Remora on Wed. ordered on line friday. Been carrying my Sigma .40 or Glock 17 for 3 days. Love this holster!! Seems easier to use after the mandatory "old guy" restroom break. No complaints. Will now get one for the LC 9 and Millinium Pro .40
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Links