How do you carry your BUG?

This is a discussion on How do you carry your BUG? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm just curious how you guys carry your back up gun. I carry my primary IWB in an ACE-1 and am looking for a method ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you carry your BUG?

Sponsor

I'm just curious how you guys carry your back up gun. I carry my primary IWB in an ACE-1 and am looking for a method to carry a S&W J frame or Ruger LCR as a backup.

Thanks,
    Clay

ankle holster for "bug". galco ankle light and/or ankle glove works the best for me with s&w model 60 and/or kel tec p3at. i have also carried a glock 27 in an galco ankle glove.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Right now, I carry my J-frame in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster if I'm wearing a coat with an inside left breast pocket.

I also have a High Noon "Mr Softy" IWB clip holster that works well, but I really don't like IWB carry because I find it to be uncomfortable.

Currently, I'm waiting on a Don Hume JIC belt holster because I've heard that OWB is a decent way to carry a J-frame.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I carry my 437 (or sometimes my M&P) right in a pocket holster.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Slung over my shoulder.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nc bullseye View Post
    slung over my shoulder.
    love it!!!!!!

Either in my "Renegade ankle holster", or in my strong side front pocket.

I've tried a couple of different ankle holsters, but this one is the best of the bunch IMO. Here's a link to a website if you want to check one out. Link to site.

Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I always wear engineer boots...I do leather work,so I built a holster for my 380 in one...kinda an ankle holster.....

Strong side front pocket!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    I always wear engineer boots...I do leather work,so I built a holster for my 380 in one...kinda an ankle holster.....
    Would you post some pics, I'd love to see that.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    Usually by it's back legs......oops! Wrong type of bug.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

In the pocket, using a Mika holster.

I don't look at it as a BUG, though. It sometimes plays the primary role, so I look at it as another option.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

My uniform pants have pockets inside the cargo pockets, when I'm working I carry a j-frame in the off hand pocket. If I'm wearing regular clothes and I feel like carrying a BUG it's usually in an ankle holster.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    I'm just curious how you guys carry your back up gun. I carry my primary IWB in an ACE-1 and am looking for a method to carry a S&W J frame or Ruger LCR as a backup.
    Depends on how you define "backup gun." I have never carried more than one gun on my person at a time. However, I have a bug that I carry when clothing doesn't permit the larger gun. Sometimes I call that my backup gun since it is always my second choice. However, whatever gun I have on me at the time is my primary (and only) gun.

That being said, I typically carry my bug in an Uncle Mike's holster inside my waistband on my hip. However, sometimes I use an ankle holster if I'm wearing formal clothes and no jacket, or in a situation where I suspect the jacket will have to come off. I have also been known to put it in my pocket and in rare occasions in a laptop bag or something of the sort.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links