Springfield doesn't care about Left Handed people

This is a discussion on Springfield doesn't care about Left Handed people within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Purchased 2 XDMs in March, I am left handed. The kit comes with a holster for Right Handed people. I e-mailed their customer support, and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Springfield doesn't care about Left Handed people

Springfield doesn't care about Left Handed people

Purchased 2 XDMs in March, I am left handed. The kit comes with a holster for Right Handed people. I e-mailed their customer support, and asked about holsters for Lefties. The reply was, "We don't have one now for the XDMs, but will soon, please check back.", I have checked back monthly since then, and kept getting "Nothing yet." I asked to speak to a manager via email, and when I got one, was told "6 months to 1 year until we get one in, thanks for your patience." I mentioned that they did not have my patience, but rather my frustration. I asked to speak to the bosses boss, and she asked me to call her. I just got off the phone, and was given the run around. "Sorry, we have your information, and will contact you when they are ready, these things happen." So, now I am faced with "use these as your CCW weapons, which is why I bought them, and pay for a holster" or "unload these, and find a gun manufacturer that knows what "customer service" means."

Anyone else having "you lefties" problems?

2. Remove Ads

I'm a lefty as well, but not even close to as worked up as you seem to be about it. I'm sure when they become available we'll receive one for free like they did with the XD's... no guarantee but it would be nice.

I went on with my life and bought other holsters, Blackhawk, SmartCarry, Silent Thunder... not worth worrying this much about in my opinion. If they come out with one, great - bonus. I didn't buy the gun for the holster it came with (which I knew was right handed).

For what it's worth, I typically call them about every 3 months... get the typical 'nothing yet' response and politely say 'thank you' and hang up.

JD
    Administrator

You should be able to use a left-handed XD holster, it's not like we're talking about a custom fit holster here....

They are a firearm manufacturer, not a holster manufacturer. You have many options for custom holsters and off the shelf holsters so I feel no pity on you.

Those holsters are not that great. In fact, they're about worthless for concealment. That they come 'free' with the pistol means nothing. It is the same as a free toy in a Cracker Jack box.

Your concealment rig is just as important as your pistol. Why dump the coin on an XDm, and then settle on a cheesy holster?
    JD, gunsnroses and DefConGun like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Wow, you sound like you work for Springfield. And that you have a nice buzz on, and are super-chill. Your comments are about me personally "not as worked up as you" "went on with my life", I don't want your commentary on me.

I want comments on the customer service, and left handed issues such as this. I am worked up, yes, I've been getting put off monthly for 8 months now, and no real sense of them even knowing when these will be available. I was told, it could be over a year from now, and in my mind that is just unacceptable, I'd make it a priority. As I said, I purchased these as CCW guns, and when I am being told, check back next month, I put off purchasing another holster, as I am thinking "maybe they will have one next month"

I had a holster and double mag pouch supplied with a LW 1911 I purchased. The best place for that crap they supply is in the trash.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I just called (thanks for the reminder)... I'm now 'on the list', let's see who gets a call first.

Where in the XDM case was the IOU from Springfield? I didn't see one... maybe I missed it.

The XDM's don't fit in the XD holsters. Man, the people here are really ready to run on, my post is about "the issues for lefties" and customer service, I say again.

I would bet it's me. I am balder.

But I need your pity. Seriously, fell no pity on me?
    Last edited by JD; October 21st, 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: merged posts

Their customer services is probably one of the best in the industry, just because they haven't released a left handed XDM holster YET doesn't mean they won't make good on it.

How many other manufacturers even include a holster, and further more even bother making a left handed holster to accommodate lefties? They all must have even worse customer services then, right?

I'd say they are going above and beyond to begin with, this is just icing on the cake knowing they will be sending them out when available.

I still don't get it. When I buy a firearm from a manufacturer, that is exactly what I expect. I then go out and find a quality holster for it to use for CCW not some injection molded flimsy thing that may or may not come with it. What is the big deal again? I didn't realize any manufacturer provided a CCW holster. Some do and they are usually OWB flimsy junk that ends up in the trash not something I would think anyone would consider quality enough to carry with. You paid for the firearm now pay for a holster.
    JD and nicholasv00 like this.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldSasq View Post
    But I need your pity. Seriously, fell no pity on me?

Zero.

Spell check - 1

There is more "go after the poster" than "look at the issue and suggest" going on here, and it's sort of odd that most of you appear to be "senior members". Add something of use, possibly? Or just keep gnawing at the OP. I hope this is the former, not the latter, but it appears to be the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldSasq View Post
    Spell check - 1

There is more "go after the poster" than "look at the issue and suggest" going on here, and it's sort of odd that most of you appear to be "senior members". Add something of use, possibly? Or just keep gnawing at the OP. I hope this is the former, not the latter, but it appears to be the latter.
    I am not attacking you AT all. I just feel your claims are baseless. You are going after a firearms manufacturer claiming bad customer service over a holster which is clearly a courtesy from the manufacturer and not advertised on their webpage because THEY ARE NOT A HOLSTER MANUFACTURER
    Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(M) Polymer Handgun

Just have them return the price of the holster to you and then buy a left handed holster oh wait it was free never mind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links