IWB or OWB? - Page 5

IWB or OWB?

This is a discussion on IWB or OWB? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IWB when I must (which is most of the time), OWB when I can. IWB isn't that much of a hassle, especially since I obtained ...

View Poll Results: IWB or OWB?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • OWB

51 31.10%
  • IWB

113 68.90%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: IWB or OWB?

IWB when I must (which is most of the time), OWB when I can.

IWB isn't that much of a hassle, especially since I obtained a Crossbreed Supertuck a year ago. It's comfortable and allows me to carry a fighting size handgun while wearing a tucked in shirt.

Unless I"m wearing a hoodie, or coat, or vest as cover ..... an OWB looks like I'm wearing a shotgun on my hip. So, if I want to be concealed, it's IWB.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    The Galco Concealables are my favorites. I've got one for everything I own. I've got a couple of other OWB's also. Tennessee just issues Handgun Carry Permits with no stipulation as to how you have to carry. I used to be more conscientious about concealing than I am now. I realize that some people don't like to see guns, so I try to keep mine covered just to avoid the "man with a gun" hassles. If people (including bad guys) see a suspicious bulge and want to speculate what's underneath the shirt, sweater, or jacket; then so be it. I have a permit for the bulge.
    Galco's are great, they're just a little pricy. But, you get what you pay for.

I carry both ways... IWB for more concealment. If I am somplace that I do not need to remove an outer garment then I may carry OWB.

Carry also depends on weather, clothing to be worn and location of which I will be carrying.

tts
    I carry my Glock 19 IWB but I DEFINITELY prefer to carry mags OWB. With a jacket, this setup works fine.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I voted OWB, i'm a big guy and my jeans are big enough as they are.

Ex Member Array ShrinkWhoCan'tThink's Avatar

IWB or OWB?

For those who carry both ways, IWB and OWB, how do you practice your draw from more than one carry position? I happened on this thread because I've been carrying IWB, appendix position for 2-3 years and getting tired of it. Taking another look at OWB. For me to change carry positions is a big deal due to all the practice and training I put in to re-train my muscles on where my gun is. In fact if my spare mags are shifted 1/2 inch or so on my hip, it affects my drawing a spare mag in my practice sessions. So, how do you carry in multiple positions and keep up with where your gun is that day?

LesbianShrink a conservative libretarian, psychiatrist, and wife to the most amazing woman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YOU NEED A "BOTH" VOTE up there. There is nothing that is a "catch all - do all " all of the time. That IS the problem right there, people that think you MUST be on one side or the other of that fence. The "fence" .... doesn't exist .... it's only in your minds.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

IWB about 90% of the time

J_B

IWB or OWB?

AIWB.

For me, it's comfortable. Whether its my Glock 19, Glock 36 or my Shield 9mm.

IWB because I'm usually warm and don't want to worry so much about a cover shirt. If I can conceal with a t-shirt, then anything warmer I wear will also conceal fine. Also I can use the same holster all year long.

Austin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links