Holster Question (S&W Revolver)

This is a discussion on Holster Question (S&W Revolver) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I watched Blue Bloods last night, I saw Tom Sellacks holster. Looks like he is carrying a revolver, I think I read it's a ...

Thread: Holster Question (S&W Revolver)

As I watched Blue Bloods last night, I saw Tom Sellacks holster. Looks like he is carrying a revolver, I think I read it's a Fitz Special, but the holster he uses rides very high and appears very concealable.

My EDC is a S&W 637 and I am looking for a holster that rides high and can be worn over the right rear pocket area. Seems to me that is the best location for
    concealment.

Any one have suggestions as to who makes a holster similar to this one?

Thanks.

Hey TOP!

Greetings from south Florida. Great question. The gun Tom Sellack is wearing is a Colt Detective Special. In an earlier episode his father describes it as a "Fitz Special". This is a D/S with the front of the trigger guard cut out and a few other ahhh adjustments. The holster he's wearing was quite common in NY during the revolver days. They were popular with detectives, and people in uniform working in the station-house, and not required to wear a duty belt and service revolver. It's basically a open top pouch with a steel spring wrapped around the gun. The spring has a screw adjustment for tension. Some came with a retention strap. These holsters were manufactued by buchiemer clark, jay-pee, and a few others. I havent seen a new one in a while, but i find them used at gun show's, gun shop used box, and pawn shops. 99% of then are all black in color.

I currently wear one with a "J" frame in it. Though mine is a paddle type. Photo's to follow. If your really interested in getting one... I have a few spares in my collection. I have for 4" K, Colt O/P, Jframe, Dframe (D/S)... P/M me.

Secret Spuk, PM sent

Links