Cane & Derby Appendix Pardus vs Dale Fricke Archangel

This is a discussion on Cane & Derby Appendix Pardus vs Dale Fricke Archangel within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any takers? I cannot discern of the Archangel has the adjustment capabilities of the Pardus . The Pardus boasts of an offset loop system to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any takers?

I cannot discern of the Archangel has the adjustment capabilities of the Pardus.

The Pardus boasts of an offset loop system to supposedly pull the butt of the pistol in closer to the body.

I have other appendix holsters that work, but I'm looking for a more stable platform. Most people prefer an appendix holster that will give a bit, and bend and move with the user. I would like something that doesn't move, or has the least movement possible.

Cant adjustment isn't necessary, but height adjustment is.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I am a big fan of Dale's Archangle and use one daily, but there is no hight adjustment. If you know where you want the loops I am sure Dale can move them. Have no experience with theCane & Derby product.
    Hope this helps Bob

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I've backed out of ordering both the Archangel and the C&D appendix rigs. I want to, but it just doesn't seem comfortable with a 4" BBl. I've got a Dale Fricke Zac for my XD Service. I like the appendix position and the benefits that comes from that mode of carry, but it doesn't work for me when driving.

I carry a G17 and a G29 in a fricke archangel. Never had an issue or a cause to look for other holsters. Mine have different height setting holes ( three or four) on the straps to adjust ride height.

How is it that azchevy has height adjustment on his archangel, but rjfleming has not?

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

because he didnt realize the belt loop adjustment holes will also change how the holster rides on his belt? By up to 1"? Both of my holsters have this.

I am always interested in options but in looking at this holster I see no mention of height adjustment.... am I missing something here?

http://www.caneandderby.com/conceale...endix-rig.html

After revisiting both websites, it appears that neither offer the height adjustment that I was looking for.

I may have gotten confused with a different brand; I've been looking at so many different ones.

azchevy, the Archangel currently on the Fricke website doesn't show the holes that you mention. Is yours an older version perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    After revisiting both websites, it appears that neither offer the height adjustment that I was looking for.

I may have gotten confused with a different brand; I've been looking at so many different ones.

azchevy, the Archangel currently on the Fricke website doesn't show the holes that you mention. Is yours an older version perhaps?
    I am not sure

I found this thread at another forum with some good pics of appendix holsters.

It appears that the Archangel used to come with loops made adjustable for belt width. A side effect to this feature was a bit of height adjustment, also. I believe that this is why I was thinking that it was adjustable.

After a bit of indecision, I decided that both holsters have good reviews, and I probably wouldn't complain with either one.

Since I couldn't make up my mind, I thought I'd do it the old fashioned way. Which one is cheaper?

I just ordered the Cane and Derby Pardus. I'll post pics when it arrives

Last edited by zacii; October 24th, 2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: underline hyperlink to make legible 'cause it's not like it used to be

Any takers?

I cannot discern of the Archangel has the adjustment capabilities of the Pardus.

The Pardus boasts of an offset loop system to supposedly pull the butt of the pistol in closer to the body.

I have other appendix holsters that work, but I'm looking for a more stable platform. Most people prefer an appendix holster that will give a bit, and bend and move with the user. I would like something that doesn't move, or has the least movement possible.

Cant adjustment isn't necessary, but height adjustment is.
    I'm still not sold on appendix carry, but nearly all of the instructors at Suarez Int. carry AIWB, and they carry in the Dale Fricke Archangel.

I have no idea if this will help you at all, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

It appears that the Archangel used to come with loops made adjustable for belt width. A side effect to this feature was a bit of height adjustment, also. I believe that this is why I was thinking that it was adjustable.

After a bit of indecision, I decided that both holsters have good reviews, and I probably wouldn't complain with either one.

Since I couldn't make up my mind, I thought I'd do it the old fashioned way. Which one is cheaper?

I should have kept reading...

Anyways, I hope it works out!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I should have kept reading...

Anyways, I hope it works out!
    Thanks

I think that the reason Suarez is big on the Archangel is because they had a hand in developing it. They sell it on their One Source Tactical website.

I am tossing around the idea of getting it anyway, for my G23. Then I could to a head to head comparison.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    That would be fantastic zacii, I'm following your thread to check on results. I've been leaning towards the Archangel, but still undecided after using the Zac rig. Something about the hight I carry AIWB at, when I sit the muzzle really becomes uncomfortable against the top of my thigh. Possibly it's an issue I wouldn't have with an Archangel. I've carried at 4:00 for 16 years so maybe AIWB is just something I need to adjust too.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.... here is the thread where they went from the old loops ( which I have) to the new ones and claim to give you three different sizes:

Warrior Talk Forums...

Also my G17 and my G29 fit very comfortably with the AA. I tried a few different holsters until I found this on WT

( G29 is black, g17 is olive)

IMG_1032 (Large).jpgIMG_0863 (Large).jpg

I've been carrying AIWB with Archangels for several years. I have the old style belt loops with several different holes for different size belts. They work very well for me and my body type with my Glock 17, 19,26 and my Government and Commander 1911s.

I ordered a C&D Pardus on 7/26/11 and haven't seen it yet. (It's been "Pending" for months now according to their website.) So that is three months already. I know some people that have the C&D holster and like it. It has a bulge at the bottom portion of the holster on the skin side of the holster that is suppose to cause the top potion of the gun (Grip and top of slide) to lean into the body to keep the Grip from printing as much as other AIWB holsters. It also has an off set belt loop toward the back that is suppose to do the same thing. Like I said, I am waiting on mine to come in so I can evaluate it and see if it will work for me.

If you were to order a Archangel, I know it won't take 3+ months to get to you. Mine never took longer than 7-9 days.

I also recently accquired a Shaggy for my Glock 19 from Custom Carry Concepts, LLC - Home Page. It is the holster that is highly recommended from the link provided above (pistol-forum.com). I am still shaking it out, but it is very well made and does make the grip ride closer to the body because of the wedge that is use at the attachment point. This website has not been taking orders since May 2011 though.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links