Holster options for my 642

This is a discussion on Holster options for my 642 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm really liking my 642 these days, and have been searching for the "perfect" holster. I've come to realize that "perfect" depends on what I'm ...

Thread: Holster options for my 642

Holster options for my 642

I'm really liking my 642 these days, and have been searching for the "perfect" holster. I've come to realize that "perfect" depends on what I'm wearing, and I like to have options for how I carry this gun. I usually carry something small, because I'm 5'8", 140 lbs, and DO NOT like to wear baggy clothing. Yeah, I'd love to conceal a GP100, but that just ain't happening. My Glock 19 is the biggest gun that I conceal, and that is in Winter only.

I alternate between pocket, IWB, and OWB carry with my 642. I have to say that my new favorite carry method is OWB in a Don Hume JIT Slide with a flannel shirt or hoodie over the gun. For a gun this small and light, it just disappears when carried that way. My belt is a Blade-Tech "Looper".

My holsters are: Don Hume JIT slide OWB, Uncle Mike's pocket holster, High Noon Mr Softy.

holsters.jpg

2. Remove Ads

I usually carry my j frame in a Threat Solutions holster. It's an all kydex holster. Gun conceals really well. I have a Desantis Nemesis for it but I prefer to only pocket carry a 380.
    Question Everything!

FIST #12 for OWB. FIST #20 for IWB. I have a bunch of holsters for J frames, most of them work with my 642, but the #12 and #20 are my favorites for all my J frames.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

My 642 is happy in a Mika pocket holster.

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I have one for my J-frames and you forget they are there while they are absolutely concealed regardless of how you contort yourself.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

My 442 rides in a Mika when doing pocket duty.

But I really prefer carrying it AIWB with a Mr. Softy by High Noon Holsters.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sounds like you have the IWB/OWB selections covered, but if you want the 'perfect pocket holster'...Fist Pocket Holster w/ the thumb push
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    My 442 rides in a Mika when doing pocket duty.

But I really prefer carrying it AIWB with a Mr. Softy by High Noon Holsters.
    I just brought home a 442 like an hour ago! I am excited! Got it to replace my Kel-Tec P3AT.

I had a Desantis pocket holser for a G26 laying around (I don't even have, or have ever had a G26, haha). The J-frame fits it great. I may just use that.

I look at this gun and think "seems a bit big for pocket carry"... but after reading all the people raving about J-frames for pocket carry, I took the plunge. Wow... somehow it just works. But I've only had it for an hour... we'll see after a few weeks. I'm sure nothing will change.

tts
    The Desantis Nemesis is an EXCELLENT pocket holster for the 442/642 J-Frame. Don Hume also has a nice OWB holster.

If you want something custom made, check out Shielded Holsters or Crossbreed Holsters (they fit like a glove).

For pocket carry my 642 rides in a Mika holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. I have one for my J-frames and you forget they are there while they are absolutely concealed regardless of how you contort yourself.
    just received my BOP last week for my J-frame.......awesome holster and Rocky/Pure Kustom is 1st Class!!
    b.

here it is......

jframe.jpg
    b.

I think the OP has his holster selection covered in all three areas.

Good job.

That said I have at least 3-5 holsters for every handgun I own and I keep buying more when something special comes on the market.

I need to seek professional help.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like you have the IWB/OWB selections covered, but if you want the 'perfect pocket holster'...Fist Pocket Holster w/ the thumb push
    After trying a number of pocket holsters for Jframe, I too decided on Fist in Kydex. They are pocket side specific and I have one for both right and left pockets.

Links