Concealing a K-frame revolver

This is a discussion on Concealing a K-frame revolver within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of you have a good solution for concealing a K-frame revolver (mine is a Taurus 617 seven shot, weighing 29 ounces)? Most of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Concealing a K-frame revolver

Concealing a K-frame revolver

Do any of you have a good solution for concealing a K-frame revolver (mine is a Taurus 617 seven shot, weighing 29 ounces)? Most of the recommendations I've seen are for a Glock or similar pistol with a narrower profile.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I carry a S&W k-frame model 66 in a side guard double snap IWB holster almost everyday. With the proper belt and holster you shouldn't have too much trouble.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

VIP Member
    Try a Pure Kustom holster. They are a sponsor for this site. Yes, they make holsters for Glocks, but they also make them for revolvers.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

What's a revolver?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    What's a revolver?
    Kinda like a hand-held Gatling gun, but with only 1 barrel. May have as few as 5 chambers and I have seen some with as many as 9 or 10. Old-timers know what they are and often prefer them. If you find an old-timer at the range, he may well show you a revolver and might even let you shoot one. He will also laugh like heck when you try the tap-rack drill on it after you shoot out the ammo.
    Guest1, shooterX, Specops and 2 others like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I carry a S&W k-frame model 66 in a side guard double snap IWB holster almost everyday. With the proper belt and holster you shouldn't have too much trouble.
    Yeesh. That's awesome. I have a Model 66 in the bedside table, but can't imagine carrying that beast IWB. I could see it OC in a heckuva holster but would not have imagined carrying it like that. Kudos to you.

I do love to shoot that mother though.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Yeesh. That's awesome. I have a Model 66 in the bedside table, but can't imagine carrying that beast IWB. I could see it OC in a heckuva holster but would not have imagined carrying it like that. Kudos to you.

I do love to shoot that mother though.
    Mine only has the 2.5" barrel makes it easy to carry.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by a__l__a__n View Post
    Do any of you have a good solution for concealing a K-frame revolver (mine is a Taurus 617 seven shot, weighing 29 ounces)? Most of the recommendations I've seen are for a Glock or similar pistol with a narrower profile.
    First off your Taurus 617 is not a K Frame revolver. A K Frame revolver would be a Smith & Wesson. I used to own a Taurus 617. If you are carrying outside the waist band look for a pancake type holster for concealment. Check different holster makers. I'm sure FIST can sell you what you need. Order a holster made for your Taurus 617. For my K Frame S&Ws I use both FIST and Simply Rugged.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    You can CCW a model 66. I used to do so occasionally when I was an LEO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

AIWB is the best way

I agree, pancake or simply rugged. I conceal carry a blackhawk with 6 1/2 barrel in a Kramer IWB holster. You need a good belt first. Sometimes I wear suspenders.

Wear that big gun, you'll feel good.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I carry mine in a luke adams IWB holster. Now since its getting colder out and I have to wear a coat, I've found that my OWB holster can hide it just as well.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Rocky at Pure Kustom Hosters makes a great holster for large frame Smiths. He made one for my 629 a few months back.
    Great workmanship and very comfortable!

I carry 4-inch Smith & Wesson K-Frame revolvers in either a Bucheimer Federal Man high-rise holster for OWB concealed carry, a Holsters Unlimited IWB holster from England, or a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster.

A Smith & Wesson K-Frame revolver is a medium sized revolver.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Smith & Wesson Mod 66 in DM Bullard Dual Carry:

357 Bullard 1.jpg357 Tucked Reveal.jpg357 Tucked.jpg357 Untucked.jpg
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links