Carry ideas for my Wife

This is a discussion on Carry ideas for my Wife within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Wife just applied for her permit today, took the class earlier this Summer. We've been looking around at guns and so far, she likes ...

Thread: Carry ideas for my Wife

Carry ideas for my Wife

My Wife just applied for her permit today, took the class earlier this Summer. We've been looking around at guns and so far, she likes the feel of the Bersa Thunder .380. How do most women carry? She doesn't wear belts so no iwb. And all of her jeans have really small pockets so that won't work either. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    There are belly band holsters that consist of an elastic strap worn under clothing, "smart carry", "Thunderwear", some newer choices in IWB holsters that don't require a belt but have a sticky material which hold them in place inside a wearer's waist band. I don't recommend off body carry unless nothing else is possible.

There are also some knowledgable women CCWer's on this forum with video's, namely Limatunes. Do a Youtube search and check out some of her video's, informative and your wife would definitely benefit from her advice. I think phaleophotography (SP?) is another, I've been very impressed with her CCW video's for women.

tts
    Also check out this thread: Ladies! Purse carry v. Holster carry?

I carried hubby's Bersa Thunder 380 OWB and have practiced with it. Flawless to shoot, somewhat sleek to conceal in summer with IWB, and easy to conceal with a cover garment OWB with a Stoner holster. Lately, I have been carrying a smaller Bodyguard 380 for summer conceal in a tucked IWB holster (it does need a belt, though). Not as sweet to shoot but it does and does it accurately. Weighs "nothing". I hope that she body carries and stays away from purse carry. You'll find many reasons not to purse carry on the link that tts noted. Bravo to your wife!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
    We've been looking around at guns and so far, she likes the feel of the Bersa Thunder .380. How do most women carry? She doesn't wear belts so no iwb. And all of her jeans have really small pockets so that won't work either. Thanks
    Carpe Diem

There's a new option available for women called the Flash Bang holster, which seems interesting and effective. do a search you'll find the videos.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Best vid I seen for ladies CC. She a actually models each holster with different outfits. I think all the boys on here should watch it too....it may give you a better appreciation of what us women have to conceder everyday?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Yeah, good video, I'll have my Wife watch it. Seems like there are some decent carry ways out there for women.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1100us View Post
    Yeah, good video, I'll have my Wife watch it. Seems like there are some decent carry ways out there for women.

I love that she packs those guns!

sgb

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Links